Did you mean: 

Ages of forum correspondents

Community Veteran

Re: Ages of forum correspondents

I'm currently 20.74385246 years old... so which poll option do I choose? Wink
Captainkirk
Grafter

would it be ok to vote in the 21-29 column twice - thereby appearing younger but having given the honest answer overall  Grin
Tracey
Captainkirk
Grafter

In that case Spider I am the grand old age of 21  Grin Grin    I don't quite know how to get around this when son is home from uni and will be 19 fairly soon Shocked
Tracey
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Be3g, you really surprised me, you write as if much more mature in years, mere spring chicken that you are!!
I rather felt you could almost guess a writers age group by what and how they write, use language, punctuate etc., a lot of todays youth hardly use punctuation at all, or if they do, very badly. The really young often seem to write (not only in these forums) as if they're compiling a text message, which is fine on a mobile phone but, personally I find it really irritating when space is not at a premium.
Was it ever decided; is it going to be a poll or a free-for-all?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

So sorry, didn't see the poll further down at first, please disregard my last about it.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Who's the single 90 to 100?
In spite of popular opinion, it's not me...

Community Veteran

Yeah, like you I hate the way the English language is marred by our younger generations... and, let's face it, quite a lot of 'grown-up' people don't know how to use it properly either. But I'm very interested in languages, both foreign and English; I believe they're an excellent way of expressing oneself - particularly with all the nuances imbued within - so I like to propagate as much correctly-written English as possible. Having said that, I've never had 'formal' training in writing English (beyond an English GCSE, which was more about general essay/story-writing than technicalities), so I'm still liable to make mistakes over things I haven't realised are incorrect, or that haven't been pointed out to me as such.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

James you did say that you would put a poll up.  Grin
Quote from: James_H
Would you like a mod to add a poll to this thread with age bands of 10 years?

Quote from: petlew
A poll would be good ta!
jmd
Grafter

Gary - there is a poll - a seperate thread "how old are you"!
also one on what sex you are [though Pierre is not sure - obviously his age is no problem though]
Bob_Milton
Grafter

I am seventy seven, you can see that in my profile. Is there a reason why most of you who have been posting on this topic are not showing your age in your profiles. You may have been voting anyway.
Are you shy then ?
jmd
Grafter

Bob - It used to be that females did not like giving away their age - now it the younger of both sexes who want to be mysterious.............. after all they are the ones who seem to have more technical knowledge.............. so they don't want people to think they spent all their years at school doing nothing but playing with computers - I personally am surprised at how young some our pn friends are! Shocked
Community Veteran

Er, no not shy at all. 62 here (today actually)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

And I thought I was a silver surfer - not even in the top two
Community Veteran

D'you know jmd, I agree with you, I had a sneaky feeling the average age of correspondents would be over 50 and nearer 60.

jmd
Grafter

Quote from: petlew
Er, no not shy at all. 62 here (today actually)

Happy Birthday! Smiley