cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe takes a Beating

Fixes: 47

Adobe takes a Beating

Adobe Flash takes a beating in this blog and there's music to the ears of all cyberspying theorists.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Adobe takes a Beating

Since it is the most <i>bug ridden</i> and most exploited piece of bloat that has been around for years about time. There were even some sites that were flash ONLY, real PITA that was on any device that didn't support flash.
With the latest FF flash has been downgraded to a <b>at users risk</b> add on, all the sites get a pop up saying enable yes/no/block always.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I never liked flash moons ago.. just seemed like an inconvenience downloading that on 56k  Crazy
Admittedly macromedia did have a unique product when they came up with it and they took advantage of the IE extensions that so few programmers knew how to use at the time but it was always pretty bad.
Only good use it ever found was youtube  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I remember the days when Flash could run on a Pentium 166MHz, to watch all them cartoons on various sites like Weebls-stuff.com & Killfrog.com, then adobe smashed it's finger up flash's bum and ruined it for everyone, now, it's rubbish, buggy, requires too many resources and is easily exploited, it's time for it to die off and go away, only to be used for animations converted into videos...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

In fairness it was a security hole when macromedia still owned it.
Back then it was being exploited to open router ports via upnp.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I took flash off months ago and it's staying off. I get the occasional plugin required message but if they can't be bothered to upgrade to HTML5 then I can't be bothered to watch it.
Let's be careful out there !