cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Tablets

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Accessing Tablets

I Take several types of tablets and these are sealed in tin foil strips, usually I do not have a problem in opening these but some recent 75mg Aspirin tablet strips have been almost impossible to open, fortunately I do not have any problem with my hands but how someone with arthritis in their hands would go on I have no idea.
Of course you can use scissors to cut them open but this is not as simple as it might appear !
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Accessing Tablets

I know what you mean.  Some tablets are very difficult to get out of the foil for some people.  I sometimes help a friend who struggles with certain tablets.
If you have a friendly pharmacist they will take the tablets from the foil for you and put them into a bottle.  I know many home helps who do the same thing.
JamesM
Grafter

When I have a migraine and I take co-codomol, sometimes they are hard to get out, you have to press that hard that the tablets either break in half , or they flick out and roll under the cooker.
Fixes: 125

I take the effervescent Co-codomols for my migraines. Easy to rip open the packet and pop into a glass of water.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I take 10 different tablets per day, plus ATM 2 more since I cracked a rib last week, and there's hardly a day goes by when at least one attempts to escape my fingers and winds up on the floor!  Cheesy Huh Cheesy
The aspirin are the worst - they either fly or crack into 2!
Geoff,
York.
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I tend to use my fingernails to cut open the foil top part, all the way round the 'tablet' (pill) so all I need to do is tip it out.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@gleneagles, you're right about Aspirin getting harder to open these days. What I find more irritating is the obscure numbers used in packs. Two of the tablets in this house are packed in 10's...why, there have been 7 days in a week for a long time now, most people who take regular repeat medication take the same daily, lets have them packed in multiples of 7 please.
To be fair, most are, why not all of them?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.