cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to tablets

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Access to tablets

How would someone living alone and with arthritis or similar condition in their hands manage to open those screw top bottles that need to be pressed down and then turned before they open or those tablets in sealed foil containers.

Anyone have any sensible answers ?

Smiley

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Access to tablets

Stand bottle on table, put the back of the hand down on the bottle so that the arm and wrist can push down on it, hodl the bottle with the other hand and with as much downward force as possible, twist the hand that is on top of the bottle.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Pez dispensers, 'nuff said... Grin

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Pharmacist may be able to dispense in more appropriate packing.

Although it is generally a no no to store medicines other than in their original packaging there are machines that dispense tablets at pre-set times and these are approved. They are primarily to ensure that elderly people don't forget to take their tablets or forget that they have taken them and double-dose themselves. This would require someone else to fill the machine for the patient.

http://www.pivotell.co.uk/

Minivanman
Hero

A quick check on line and you'll find jar and packet easy openers? Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@twocvbloke

Pez dispensers, grandchildren, and granddad's tablets in one that looks like a star wars character? 

I don't think so Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I have arthritic knuckles and until you can't open these things you just don't realise how difficult they can be. The problem I have is I can't grip, I can't make a fist because my knuckles are so large. I can use openers for jars and they work really well but small containers or bottles are really difficult to open, then add in the difficulty of child proof openings.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Minivanman wrote:

@twocvbloke

Pez dispensers, grandchildren, and granddad's tablets in one that looks like a star wars character? 

I don't think so Wink

Whoosh!!!Whoosh!!!

Someone forgot their sense of humour... Crazy

Minivanman
Hero

Not at all, which is why I added the wink? Smiley

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Many older people use these; a relative, friend, or visiting nurse, homehelp, etc. can help fill the relevant compartments on a weekly basis.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-DAY-PILL-WALLET-MEDICATION-BOX-ORGANISER-HOLDER-STORAGE-TRAVEL-PILL-DISP...