cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abuse of Ambulance Staff

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Abuse of Ambulance Staff

I read another story of Ambulance staff being abused, whilst carrying out their emergency duties.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/note-threatens-smash-ambulance-parked-12550532

this is the third incident in recent months, that I have read in the papers...

Isn`t it about time, that, our legal system, sorted this out, making it a criminal offence,  with a very heavy fine, or even imprisonment, for the perpetrators of this disgusting behaviour towards very highly trained and professional  staff who work under extreme stress, and in all weather, for the benefit of their patient only. 

Their reward for their dedication to the job, by continually upgrading their skills, and their dedication to helping others should be repaid with respect, and a knowledge that they are safe whilst caring for others.

Apart from a fine, or imprisonment, perhaps a more effective punishment, would be to deny the perpetrators access to the NHS for life.

Yes a man has been charged....... and will appear in court.... but ... will that stop others?  not unless the court deals seriously with this... add to that, BIG publicity about the result of the court hearing...

21 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Abuse of Ambulance Staff

Totally agree , and for any of the three emergency services .
Up here it's the fire services who get most grief
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

It should apply to all staff who work with or for the public.

Security cameras including body cameras should be used to get footage of incidents and where there is clear evidence of a physical assault on staff those involved should be arrested and jailed for a couple of weeks, forget the courts, violence should be a straight to jail card, if the injuries inflicted are serious it would give the police more time to bring further charges.

Recent program on TV that showed police staff going through a list of cases and if they felt there was not enough evidence to prosecute someone even if they knew who it was they would not go ahead with a charge.

Not the fault of the Police who do a difficult job with and less staff to deal with incidents.

What message is it giving to criminals ? Chance of getting caught is unlikely and even if you are caught the sentence will be nothing providing you have a good sob story.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Name and shame would be a good start but no doubt somebody somewhere will say that would be racist. Stand by for a slap on the wrist and being told not to do again.

Deportation? If only. 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Deportation  ,  Cant do that its against their Human Rights Shocked 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

Deportation? If only. 

As I understand it, the person charged with a public order offence in relation to this incident is from the Isle of Dogs. I believe we stopped transporting criminals to Australia in the 19th Century. Where are you suggesting deportation should be to?

And would you suggest deporting Kirsty Sharman to the same place?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles wrote:

forget the courts, violence should be a straight to jail card,

Sounds rather like a police state, don’t you think? How do you square that with the sentiments you expressed in this post?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

People here are allowed to express their opinions ! despite what others say

others are entitled to say what they want Cheesy  but within reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Minivanman wrote:

Deportation? If only. 

As I understand it, the person charged with a public order offence in relation to this incident is from the Isle of Dogs. I believe we stopped transporting criminals to Australia in the 19th Century. Where are you suggesting deportation should be to?

And would you suggest deporting Kirsty Sharman to the same place?

Still no response? What a surprise...

RobPN
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Who's to say the person you refer to is not already on Dog Island, so therefore there would be no possibility of deporting him back there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations @RobPN . A valiant attempt to distract from the real issue here. And one that almost made sense, too! Cheesy

RobPN
Seasoned Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations @RobPN . A valiant attempt to distract from the real issu here.

It was meant to be light-hearted, but I'm glad you liked it, happy to help!  Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, you wouldn’t believe how much I liked it @RobPN.

It is a great shame, however, that @Minivanman hasn’t found the time or inclination to explain his post about deportation. After all, there could well be some people on this forum who felt he might have been being racist...

(not me, of course, I hasten to add. Oh no, not me...)

RobPN
Seasoned Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, you wouldn’t believe how much I liked it @RobPN.

Thumbs Up

@Anonymous wrote:

It is a great shame, however, that @Minivanman hasn’t found the time or inclination to explain his post about deportation. After all, there could well be some people on this forum who felt he might have been being racist...

Another over-sensitive reaction from you.  Have you ever considered the fact that some people tire of replying to you because you often usually try steer a comment or topic off on a tangent to provoke a more serious argument than is warranted?

See you, wouldn't wanna be you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobPN wrote:
you often usually try steer a comment or topic off on a tangent to provoke a more serious argument than is warranted?

But, @RobPN, it was @Minivanman who had raised ‘racist’ as a potential issue in his post here. And your post here was in my opinion an attempt to steer the topic off on a tangent to provoke a less serious argument than was warranted.