Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely raging with previous ISP

Keystroke
Dabbler

Absolutely raging with previous ISP

EDIT ISP was Orange/EE
I am so angry with my previous ISP in regards to getting my mac code from them. Normally I don't like ranting or bad mouthing other people or companies but I feel it would be best to get this off my chest. A couple of things before I start though, I have withheld there name at present as I don't know the forum rules of posting about specific ISP. Also I dont know if even posting about this subject is in the correct place or if allowed so I apologize in advance if I have broke some rules. I will also provide the ISP name if a moderator ok's it.
So it started on Monday morning I called my ISP retention's department and spoke to a pleasant gentleman who informed me they only provide mac codes via post or email. That was ok with me as long as I got it within the 5 days. He then informed me after I chose the email option that I should have it that afternoon or next day at latest. To say the least I was very surprised at this.
No email that night or next day by 7pm either. So decided to phone back to check my mac code was still being sent. Got another man who straight away had a very obnoxious and arrogant tone. Who informed me that I couldn't have been told I would receive my code within two days as it takes 5 days for them to receive it. When I tried to state my case further he disconnected the call. So I phoned back and got a woman, she was pleasant and stated the person I spoken with on the Monday had never entered my details on there system so no mac code was requested. She then went on to inform me that if I allowed her to order via post it would speed up the process and when they received the code she would call me back later that day and give me it over the phone.
Again no phone call, or email was sent. Phoned back next day to check if the woman had received my code. I got a completely different person who preceded to tell me there was no code on system and I was set up to receive it via email after being told previously they could not email it as they did not have my details.They then transferred me to another department that was confused as to why I was sent there to receive a mac code. They then proceed to transfer me back and I ended up being transferred to a BT call center who where astounded as to why I was sent there. They even informed me to contact ofcom on this situation. I again phoned ISP back and asked to speak to the manger regarding all the misinformation. Manager came on the line and told me in a very condescending manner that I wouldn't receive it for 5 days. I then told her everything I had previously been told and she informed in no uncertain terms that I must be lying as all there staff were well trained and would never say such things. So I accepted the fact of 5 days as I never argued the point it wouldn't only the fact of misinformation I received. She then confirmed I had placed my order via email. When I asked if she could confirm the email address she told me she couldnt as all it said was pending. If I was determined to confirm/change my email adress it would reset the request and take another 5 days. So I agreed to just leave the email as is and assumed she was correct and the other staff members mistaken.
Two days later (Day 4) again phoned up to check if an email had been sent because I was still unsure they had correct email and didn't want to have to keep dealing with them. I got another member of staff on the phone who informed I had only made the request yesterday (when I had never called them at all on that day) which after telling her she then proceed to tell me in fact I had requested it on Monday. When I asked to confirm whether this was through email she told me it was actually via post. I then asked when the post was due she told me tomorrow as it was only sent out this morning. I then asked if it was sent via mail they should have the code on there system and be able to pass it over the phone. She told me that she couldn't get the code on the system until it was delivered via post to my house. I told her that was absurd and I was getting taken for a ride. She mumbled more rubbish and hung up.
Again I called my ISP and ask for a different department. Once through I asked for my mac code the man said he was going to transfer me over to the retention team. I said if that's all he could do not to bother as I was sick to death with that department. He then stated he could check the system instead for me. Less than a minute later he provided my mac code over the phone and said it had been on the system for days. Needless to say I was blowing my head at this treatment.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Absolutely raging with previous ISP

You can post the name of the ISP if you wish - and this is probably the best place for the post.
But if you want to be really effective with your rant I suggest posting here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness.html as it might even get a response from the ISP involved
randpwar
Grafter

Assuming the 'previous ISP' isn't Plusnet, in which case Feedback might be best?
randpwar
Grafter

Ah it's been changed; it isn't Plusnet  Smiley But we all knew it couldn't be didn't we  Grin Grin
Keystroke
Dabbler

Plusnet has been far more than I expected and I went in with high hopes to begin with.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Thanks for 'naming & shaming', Keystroke, and WELCOME to the Plusnet forums by the way! Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
randpwar
Grafter

I've been with Plusnet for a long while, and Metronet before that and have always thought them to be an excellent company
Welcome to the forums Keystroke
Keystroke
Dabbler

Thanks for the welcomes, hopefully I enjoy my stay here Cheesy