cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aaargh...

LiamM
Grafter

Aaargh...

I can't decide whether or not to get an iPhone tomorrow :S...
There are people queuing already :-O
28 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Re: Aaargh...

Cant see what all the fuss and hype is about really Liam suppose it depends on how much you want one
I wont be getting one thats for sure i have better things to spend the money on and the way
i see it is i already have a perfectly adequate phone - music - PDA etc device
brad
Grafter

I  wouldn't bother Liam, far too expensive but if you like that kind of thing then fair enough but I am sure there are things out there which do the same - just not at the same time!
My Sony Ericsson does me as a phone - don't need any fancy Apple phone  Tongue
pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
I can't decide whether or not to get an iPhone tomorrow :S...
There are people queuing already :-O

Maybe at the shops, but online it's been queued since the announcement
It's a very expensive phone, has no 3G a rubbish camera and handles like a piece of poo
I had one fora week abot 3 weeks ago - no thanks i wouldn't pay £100 for it let alone £269
James
Grafter

That's like 100 pints of beer! Smiley
I could never condone spending that amount of money on a mobile phone.  I pay a reasonable amount on my contract (okay, perhaps not so reasonable) to ensure that I don't have to spend extra money on the actual handsets themselves.  Would I be better of by dropping my tariff and actually paying for the handsets themselves?  Probably not.
pcoventry76
Grafter

No, but you could be better off dropping your tariff anyway
Upgrades etc go on 2 things, Monthly spend and patyment record. that's fact.
i've seen people go from £40 tariffs to £20 tariffs and still get the phone they want for free. remember the mobile networks will bend over backwards to keep you as a customer, Well O2 will anyway
LiamM
Grafter

Thing is.. I was considering buying an ipod touch anyway.  And thats £200.
pcoventry76
Grafter

When you put it like that i guess that's not a bad thing to do then.
The cheapest tariff is £35 a month on the iphone and they are only doing them on 18 month contracts
Pete
LiamM
Grafter

Yep.  Been an O2 customer for 5 years and wouldn't consider switching.  If the iPhone wasn't on O2 - I wouldn't touch it :-)
pcoventry76
Grafter

fair point liam.
I am keeping intouch with mates there, i really want to know how many people ring up after their " i got it off ebay" phone gets disabled.
i've got a mate in vodafone aswell apaprently they already get tonnes of those calls a day
people think a software flash sorts the problem, but little do they know apple kill them by sending out an IMEI bar. so that's the end of that.
every network in the UK gets the info and it goes on the police's stolen phone register
a new firmware will sort it? NO CHANCE!
heh
pcoventry76
Grafter

Agreed,
i'm not sure what apple's latest stance is.. i know it used to change a few times a week for a while.
i believe that's how they are killing them but it may have changed
pcoventry76
Grafter

hmm fair enough
Seems all the brief i was given over this was wrong.
Darn it - it means alot of other people did too. i wish they were more prepared with the facts
Community Veteran

As much as I'd like an iPhone, I won't be getting one. I don't spend that much money on a mobile phone service - I currently have PAYG and probably only spend an average of £5-£10 a month with it - which means that whilst I would happily pay the £269 for the phone (in fact, I'd happily pay more than that), I'm just not prepared to spend £35 a month for 18 months for the pleasure of owning it. As a result, I bought myself an iPod touch a couple of months ago instead... it means I can still take advantage of the great web browsing, nice iPod interface, ability to watch videos on a large screen, etc. etc., without forking out lots of money per month. If you're someone who already uses, say, £25 a month on a contract though, then I'd say you might as well go for the iPhone, if you're not bothered by its limitations such as no MMS.
Community Veteran

I'll be getting one, but not until tomorrow (*prays that there will be some left in Cheltenham*) because I'm working tonight, so can't get into tow to buy one.
PunKrocker
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
Thing is.. I was considering buying an ipod touch anyway.  And thats £200.

Far prefer my Creative gadgets, lets see drag n drop or itunes ??  Grin