Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASDA re-brand

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

ASDA re-brand

Asda is undergoing numerous changes to tie in with their parent, Walmart.
These include the Asda logo being changed so it has the Walmart star and Walmart's slogan 'Save Money, Live Better'
Has anyone seen these changes yet? My local store has yet to feature the new logo and slogan, however I've seen delivery trucks have them.
I've attached an image of the new logo and slogan.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: ASDA re-brand

Makes a lot of sense. They can use one marketing agency with a major saving in costs.
Community Veteran

The only recent news I could find about ASDA was their new, exclusive stripy peppers.
dick:green Link fixed.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 121

I received an email at the end of May informing me that their credit card will change from Sigma Bank UK to Creation Financial Services Ltd - could that be connected Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

CFS provide financial services to a number of companies including Argos and Curry's. Sigma performed a similar role.
Walmart's finance is provided by Synchrony Bank.
Community Veteran

Hardly surprising WalFart are rebranding asda in line with their own brand, I remember back when all the carrier bags were branded as "ASDA; Part of the Wal*Mart family", surprising that it's taken this long to start de-branding from the yorkshire Associated Dairies into something foreign...
But, that's big business for you, buy out the competition and rule the world, in theory... Grin
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Think it WOULD be more sensible to slowly change the entire branding to Walmart (or vice versa).  Look at EE, they bought Orange and T-Mobile and re-branded them to EE.
This would save a lot of money in the makings of a product e.g packaging, carrier bags and staff uniform.
Same goes for brands that P&G have, maybe introduce Downy as a re-branded Lenor or vice versa.
I recently had a friend who bought a Downy product and it said on the back that it was manufactured in Europe, so they could just make one version product instead of 2 - saves money to the company and the consumer,
Anyways I like Asda's new logo and slogan - it is time for a refresh.
After all, didn't America help us in the war?  Cheesy
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

Quote from: NorthEasterner
didn't America help us in the war?  Cheesy

Yes they gave us mates rates on the loan. Sad
Community Veteran

Quote from: NorthEasterner
After all, didn't America help us in the war?  Cheesy

Only after most of the work was done, Canada did more to help than the US did... Grin