Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASDA mobile.....

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

ASDA mobile.....

Does anyone have an email address to contact ASDA Mobile ?

Their "contact us " page requires and ASDA Mobile phone number....  and their "message us" system is the same as PlusNet`      useless, because it says  " Connection not available"..

I have ordered two ( separately ) ASDA sim cards... each time ASDA mobile has sent an email to me saying

Your simcard has arrived.....

but it hasn`t...

They have a 0800 phone number... but I`m almost deaf, and can`t use a phone,  (I only want the sim for data, and maybe the odd text and odd phone call out in emergency...)

If this is how they run their service... I`m looking for an alternative...... any suggestions ?  for PAYG only...

22 REPLIES 22
Browni
Aspiring Hero

Re: ASDA mobile.....

Is Asda Twitter an option?

Ex-Plusnetter now living life in the G,fast lane!
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

ASDA aren't exactly quick at getting their sims sent out for whatever reason. I waited weeks for mine too - despite also being emailed that it had been sent. I suspect sent really means it's been sent to the sim company for production..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

@Browni wrote:

Is Asda Twitter an option?

@Browni  No.... not on Twitter or face book...

(thanks for suggestion though)

shutter
Community Veteran

@7up  the first one was about 3 weeks ago, now... as it hadn`t arrived, I tried to get another, on a different email address..( 2nd attempt)  now reporting it has arrived, like the first one.. Cry

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

A few years back I was on Tesco Mobile, it wasn't total bobbins but I discovered it runs on the O2 network, so it'd probably have been cheaper to go direct to O2!

Last week I ordered a free SIM from GiffGaff, which I'll use once my SIM contract with Three is up in October, 30 days notice in September, the deal's pretty good as well, tenner a month for unlimited minutes and texts and 20 Gig data.

Do you see? Cheesy
shutter
Community Veteran

@MrAllen2021   " a tenner a month " is not PAYG....

a tenner a year, is probably too expensive for me, ... I hardly ever use the phone... and a tenner can last me 2 years, no problem ! ! ! ..

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

@shutter I need unlimited minutes and texts, as I have lots of contacts.

And I've had to battle with Three and their annoying non UK call centre this afternoon due to a signal problem in this part of Sheffield.

Roll on the 10th of September when I can give 30 days notice.

Do you see? Cheesy
shutter
Community Veteran

@MrAllen2021  I refer you to "my" requirements... as mentioned in my original post on this thread...

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

Well seeing as I moved from PAYG to contracts about 18 years ago, my knowledge in that area's a bit out of date, sorry man Sad

Most of the main networks have PAYG options though, such as EE, BT, O2, just avoid Virgin, their customer service is a nightmare to deal with IMO, that's why about 3 years ago I left in favour of Three for a SIM only deal.

Do you see? Cheesy
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

Also, I don't know if it helps but most local paper shops sell PAYG SIM cards that you can just top up with what you need.

Do you see? Cheesy
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@MrAllen2021 wrote:

Well seeing as I moved from PAYG to contracts about 18 years ago, my knowledge in that area's a bit out of date

So why are you in this thread so much then? - As shutter said, he'd like to refer you to his needs. In other words, he is asking for assistance. If you can't provide any then there is no point replying.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I like the Tesco service though I don't make many calls. Their "ping me a pound" service is a wonderful bonus and very useful.

Many of the old phones I pick up have sims in them. Those with Tesco sims occasionally still have some credit on them. So I ping the credit over to my phone a pound at a time. I haven't bought a top up for years.😀

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I use Asda mobile….took a chance and went in the store early and purchased a PAYG card….50 pence refundable.

Downloaded the app which gives plenty of info about how much left on the card etc BUT there is no sign of any email address that I can see, message us on Twitter….why should anyone have to download Twitter to contact a company.

There is a phone number but not much good if you are hard of hearing or the person you speak to has a accent you are not familiar with.

The phone number I have for them is 0808 006 2732 2732.

If you currently use Asda mobile you are likely to be on the EE network however they are in the process of transferring to the Vodaphone network.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

@gleneagles because of the Pandemic (which allegedly is over next week), most support staff are working remotely from Home, so they'll be using social media a lot more.

Do you see? Cheesy