cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very useful list of Netflix Genres by ID

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

A very useful list of Netflix Genres by ID

In the file attached below you''ll find a list and code of all of the genres available on Netflix for example:

Action & Adventure: 136
Action Comedies: 43040
Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1568
Action Thrillers: 43048

To use these codes login to Netflix and enter :

http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/

Then add the number of the genre you want after it for example:

http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/10757

I put the list in a text file as it’s quite large and it makes it easier for you to download to your out PC should you want to.

28 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: A very useful list of Netflix Genres by ID

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

I've removed a number of posts from this topic as they were not exactly family friendly and were in violation of this forum rule.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

I use netflix alot and someone told me if i changed the gateway ip i could access american netflix which basicly shows everything before we get too see it.

Anyone tried this ?

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

You can/could use a VPN or SmartDNS service to access different regions but Netflix started clamping down on it about year ago and blocking them.

So it's become a bit of a cat and mouse game...
nadger
Rising Star

@St3 I used to use a paid for service to access Netflix USA but stopped when Paypal banned payments to provider and they wanted payment by other means.

As we get free TV licence ( Over 75) I use the money to pay for Netflix, NowTV and Amazon.

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Well if those make you happy nadger Wink I just stick with netflix i dont feel the need to pay for amazon prime or even nowtv when ive already got netflix.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

nadger wrote:

As we get free TV licence ( Over 75) I use the money to pay for Netflix, NowTV and Amazon.

That's a big spend every month, I just hope it's worth it!

I've had my free Netflix trial for just over a week and so far I've watched nothing!

Fixes: 125

I don't think there's anything worth paying that much for on TV - even without having to pay the licence.

I even have to question what is really worth seeing at the cinema. I still have 4 complementary tickets for any Odeon given to me two years ago after they messed up over a visit to the Odeon Leicester Square. Although I may just use a couple of them on Dunkirk.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Reminds me - I need to get my TV License sorted. Ran out end of July. Not I would let you in if you knocked on my door, unless you have a court warrant, but you wouldn't need my consent then. So apart from it being a scam anyway, even more so when I got one when I moved out. Got it near end of the month, so you'd expect to pay for a years worth of service, actually that's a bit of misnomer, not sure what "service" I am paying for - anyway so when did it expire? The first day of the month before. It should expire exactly the day you've bought it (or rather paid the tax) *Thinks of lots of of words now, which will break the swear filter, so won't say them*.

It makes me laugh when web designers put a Yes/No message box in. When you watch iPlayer and it asks if you have a TV license, you just say Yes. If No the website tells you No. When you buy a TV, even from your local supermarket you have to give your address. Well that's really going to stop people from giving a fake one (so choose someone else's down your road).

A friend of mine told me, when he did web sites. If it alcohol related then you have to have an "Are you over 18, Yes/No". If No the site tells you to get lost otherwise you can look at it. As if someone under 18 hasn't worked out what the word "Yes" means. Crazy2

Scary to think we pay people via our taxes to come out with this rubbish. 

Community Veteran

Sorry correction, you have to give your birthday via combo boxes.
So you just pick 1 Jan, and the longest year available.

Fixes: 125

Alex wrote:
When you buy a TV, even from your local supermarket you have to give your address.

That's not been the case for some years.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Didn't know that - I guess unless it is a small TV, you'd probably get it delivered and they'd know your address anyway.

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Mav wrote:

I don't think there's anything worth paying that much for on TV - even without having to pay the licence.

You can have Netflix & Amazon from slightly less than the monthly cost of the TVL each month and of course you can dip in and out as you choose because there's no contract.

Community Veteran

I thought technically you had to have a TV license if you're steaming live content?

Completely barmy, not enforceable and there is no way of them detecting it.

I could be watching another country's feed (that's not in the UK) and how would they tell?

Community Veteran

While on the subject of TV, here’s a small diversion. I was checking the TV listings earlier when I saw this “The Last Days of Patrick Swayze” on Channel 5 tonight. The title of which raised a huge question mark above my head so I’ve just searched him and it turns out he died in 2009! I know I hardly ever watch any films and I don’t recall it being in the news, I honestly didn’t know the man was dead, now that’s a bit worrying.