A very scary movie...

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

A very scary movie...

21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: A very scary movie...

Yep, an imax version of that would look good.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Fixes: 47

That scared me to death...I'm very bad with heights and that is serious heights Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
madjbright
Grafter

Imagine building the walkway in the first place  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I am going nowhere near that.
But how did they build it
Fixes: 105

Where's the vomiting icon?
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I was waiting for that person to try a Tombstone - now that would be interesting Lips are sealed Undecided Embarrassed Angry Sad Crazy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Channel 5 has got something on similar now 19:30 Hrs Julia Bradbury doing a cable walk
jmd
Grafter

I too am curious to know how they built it!
Also - how did they manage to film it? Undecided
Fixes: 47

Just walking around there scares me but with a video camera as well Shocked Shocked
The walkway's not even in good condition. Wait till the HSE get to hear about it. Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oh no!! I've no head for heights at all. Once took some German exchange students to the roof of St Pauls Cathedral, the rickety walkway round the inside of the dome was bad enough, but no power on earth was going to get me through the portal and onto the tiny parapet at the summit of the dome.
My youngest son used to run a bungy jump company using a mobile crane, medically and agewise I couldn't jump (shame!!!) but much against my better judgement was persuaded to go up on the jump cradle, promptly puked over the side.
Curiously, have no problem with flying, doesn't bother me at all, always bag the window seat if I can. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

A young man has seriously injured himself, after "tombstone" jumping off Southsea Pier,  He is now paralysed from the neck down, and will be for the rest of his life. The Local, and National news reported it, last week. 
I did notice a contradiction of reporting around the same time,  during the preceding week, it was reported that young people were putting themselves at risk doing this stupid thing called "tombstoning". and giving dire warnings of the consequences.... at the same time, they were reporting that the "birdman rally" that used to take place off Bognor Regis pier, has been cancelled, because the council had to demolish a section of pier due to corrosion, making the pier shorter, and the depth of water much shallower.  Two days later, more condemnation of "tombstoning" was followed by the announcement that Worthing had now taken over as the venue for the "birdman rally"
For those who do not know what the birdman rally is..... basically there is a large cash incentive to see who can throw themselves off the pier, and travel 50 metres.
see here for history ......  http://www.birdman.org.uk/history2.html
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Does anybody remember seeing the films of a rock climber of a few years ago, I think he was French? used to climb sheer rock faces using only his finger-tips and lightly shod feet, nearest thing I've ever seen to a human fly. Used to make me giddy watching those films as well.
Rather hoping pierre_pierre might come up with a link for this...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I remember him, there was/is a french girl who does the same thing...... they must be nuts ! Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter