cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A tight squeeze

Fixes: 125

A tight squeeze

Motorists' anger at council as it installs bollards just millimetres wider than a standard car
Resident Chris Cundy added: 'The road has been in utter chaos - the bollards have been clipped countless times already.
'I have seen cars with their wing mirrors hanging off.'

Go slow enough and shouldn't be a problem.
I know a lot of people who see this type of traffic calming as a challenge.
My concern would be for emergency vehicles. I assume there is another route for these Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: A tight squeeze

We had similar at last nights parents evening.
One muppet had left his people carrier parked in the at the end of a row of cars with *just* enough space to get an Astra sized car through.
By *just* I literally mean just ! I had to guide some poor woman through in her Focus as she had nowhere to go - we inched it through with the mirrors folded in and maybe 2-3 inches of clearance either side in the pitch black and rain !
Community Veteran

I wonder if I'm the only one to notice that it's all French cars going through the bollards (apart from the Astra that chickened out)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well its the end of the financial year and by doing that they get to waste a bit more money correcting it.
Round our way they've suddenly gone to town on everything from cutting the over growing grass back into a straight line to doing MAJOR road works - blocking our entire (300 houses +) estate in with no way in or out after 7pm.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: picbits
I wonder if I'm the only one to notice that it's all French cars going through the bollards (apart from the Astra that chickened out)

also notice that the big people carrier just hurtled straight through. Plenty of those bollards around Cambridge, some even on bends - lots of fun with those!
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
My concern would be for emergency vehicles. I assume there is another route for these Undecided

Did you read the comments, seem that some of the locals are happy with the bollards.
I live near this bridge. This is NOT the only road linking the two estates. There are much more suitable roads for all vehicles to gain access to, and from, the estates. Emergency vehicles have never used this route as it is an old country lane, with a weight restriction. Hundreds of children and parents use this bridge every day to walk and cycle to and from school: they are now much safer now. Why do some drivers forget the rights of other road users as soon as they get into their cars?
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2289811/Motorists-anger-council-installs-bollards-just-milli...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think all the people that comment, but arent from round here are missing something about this story - there are so many routes for ambulances, fire engines and delivery vehicles in Weston, that they DONT need to use this bridge. It is a weak farmers track bridge with 3 other bridges less than 5mins drive that are much newer, stronger and dont have traffic control.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2289811/Motorists-anger-council-installs-bollards-just-milli...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Fixes: 125

Thanks itsme.
I don't often read all the comments - very rarely see comments worthy of a read Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Looks like it causes more problems than it solves.