Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A television advert that irritates.

jaread83
Hero
Fixes: 78

Re: A television advert that irritates.

Is that the safestyle adverts with the 'you buy one, you get one free' man? I hated those adverts but it got in your head like those 'we buy any car' ads. Safestyle man got fined for tax evasion a few years ago from what I have read.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Fixes: 331

Further to my previous post this thread proves that ads do work even if not always in the intended wayWink

Some years ago ads were a welcome break from many rubbish programs but that was when they were 2 minutes a throw and around every 40 minutes during a film. Now, with ad breaks going on for up to 4 or 5 minutes and with more frequency, they are just a nuisance to be avoided.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman I have a degree of age related hearing loss, which makes things difficult particularly at choral practices, and of course the missus, when instructions are given. I can sympathise, but can't get angry, because I don't believe the ad mocks. It may help others realise what an impediment is hearing loss. I laughed at a few mis-hears too, especially the confusion of cat burglar with cat burger. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Luzern

Maybe it's time I admitted to having turned into a grumpy old codger then, because I do not find any of those Specsaver hearing test adverts even remotely funny.

Too close to home perhaps. Sad

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

As for adverts with a not very well hidden meaning....... Roll eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kr3D3HAVTA

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman Is that a British version of American Pie and The 40-Year-Old Virgin rolled into one?