Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A television advert that irritates.

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 80

Re: A television advert that irritates.

Is that the safestyle adverts with the 'you buy one, you get one free' man? I hated those adverts but it got in your head like those 'we buy any car' ads. Safestyle man got fined for tax evasion a few years ago from what I have read.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Highlighted
Fixes: 418

Further to my previous post this thread proves that ads do work even if not always in the intended wayWink

Some years ago ads were a welcome break from many rubbish programs but that was when they were 2 minutes a throw and around every 40 minutes during a film. Now, with ad breaks going on for up to 4 or 5 minutes and with more frequency, they are just a nuisance to be avoided.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman I have a degree of age related hearing loss, which makes things difficult particularly at choral practices, and of course the missus, when instructions are given. I can sympathise, but can't get angry, because I don't believe the ad mocks. It may help others realise what an impediment is hearing loss. I laughed at a few mis-hears too, especially the confusion of cat burglar with cat burger. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Luzern

Maybe it's time I admitted to having turned into a grumpy old codger then, because I do not find any of those Specsaver hearing test adverts even remotely funny.

Too close to home perhaps. Sad

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

As for adverts with a not very well hidden meaning....... Roll_eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kr3D3HAVTA

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman Is that a British version of American Pie and The 40-Year-Old Virgin rolled into one?