Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A second Iranian nuclear facility has exploded

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A second Iranian nuclear facility has exploded

Couldn't find on the BBC, may account for the embassy raid/evacuation
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/a-second-iranian-nuclear-facility-has-exploded-as-diploma...
More details on this feed:- http://feeds.feedburner.com/RsoeEdis-EmergencyAndDisasterInformation
Iran must be the only country who still consider the UK a 'superpower'
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: A second Iranian nuclear facility has exploded

so how many more do they have, that SIS need to know about  ?  Roll eyes
David_W
Rising Star

Am I reading that wrong or is Israel admitting to blowing up facilities in Iran?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

They've done it before; Tamuz I reactor on 7 June 1981 in Iraq. Didn't even attempt to hide the fact that it was an Israeli surgical strike attack. Successfully put a stop to Iraqi flirtation with nuclear weapons proliferation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Opera
Iran hates Israel with a burning vengeance. Israel has most to lose initially if Iran (or anybody else in the region) develops nuclear weapons.
But, does Israel have "the bomb"? Would the west step in if Israel were attacked with nuclear weapons? Thereby setting off WW3 in all probability.
World powers may jump up and down condemning Israeli action in public. But my guess is that behind closed cabinet doors all are smiling broadly..  
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Israel has "the bomb" in the sense that the US does, and that is the ultimate backstop. Iran knows, however, exactly how far it can go!
Community Veteran

The "student" attack on the UK Embassy in Tehran gave a timely excuse for the evacuation of the UK embassy staff. Perhaps I read too much into it  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Gawd. We're all up early today ain't we?  Cheesy
Community Veteran

I was working in Niger in the 1980's when a convoy of yellowcake was supposedly hi-jacked, that was supposed to be Isreal.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Israel has never been shy in "protecting" itself. Nor ever much concerned itself with world opinions of its actions.
I worked with several unorthodox Jews for many years. Who regularly opined that Israel is the most dangerous world peace threatening country on the planet. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Will these explosions be releasing any nuclear contamination into the atmosphere and if so how far might this spread ?
community
Grafter

....but which is more preferable?.....do you prefer "nuclear contamination" or REAL nuclear weapons?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not sure how accurate this information is but some have suggested that these explosions were caused by STUXNET which is one of the most sophisticated and dangerous pieces of malware ever developed and was used to cause a disruption of the gas centrifuges at the fuel enrichment plant.