cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A sad sign :(

Fixes: 123

A sad sign :(

I think it's a sad indictment of this forum that a sticky has been made of Chris's post regarding religion and politics.
Of late the forum hasn't been an enjoyable place to visit and the tone had, once again, degenerated to mere slanging matches rather than objective debate.
I hope we can see the removal of the sticky in due course.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: A sad sign :(

So would I and I was the one who stickied it  Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I think its sad that this country has become so determined to shoot itself in the foot.
Newly built properties being sold to non UK based 'investors' so they can rent them back to us when our young generations can no longer afford housing is just one example.
I don't understand how so many other people can happily stand by and watch all of this happening and then slate US for being disgruntled. Very few of you appreciate what its like to be in the young generations today, it's a really hard grind. Very few of you seem to have any idea of this. Do any of you really think you'd have an easy time being young these days?
In another topic recently, itsme asked this:
Quote from: itsme
So do you believe that current pensioners are worst or better off than pensioners well be in 20/30 years time?

Not one person answered that point. You all know why, you're in denial about the future of the country and the young generations being stuffed. "I'm alright jack" springs to mind.
Just last month the North Korean embassy staff were telling a barber shop to take down a poster that ridiculed their leader - here in the UK! They have NO LAWFUL POWERS HERE but no doubt I am being racist by even mentioning this (yet like Mav, my partner is not native so it's pointless accusing me of it).
You remember last year when the NHS had to perform emergency surgery to save my life after making a surgical blunder? I am still out of work, waiting for another FOUR operations before I will be put right. I still get £0 support from the state, I still have no hope, no future, nothing to look forward to and yet I'm supposed to be grateful and happy about the future of the working young being destroyed? - those who are in a better position than me!
I shall regretably no longer be posting here on the plusnet forums but I will still correspond with people via PM. Whether or not this is permanent depends on you guys.  Shame really as in the last couple of years I honestly felt many of you had finally accepted me (including artmo). You know what the worst thing is? When I was young I was full of enthusiasm for life, I wanted to make a difference and contribute towards the world however year after year of my life people have done their very best to make life harder and harder in this country to the point where life is simply a negative experience. You all seem more than happy with that!
Bye gang.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
North Korean embassy staff were telling a barber shop to take down a poster that ridiculed their leader - here in the UK!
It's a free country as we say, so they can ask. And, as happened, get a prompt refusal.
I sort of vaguely felt sorry for them as they had probably been "reared" in an environment where such a "request" would have been expected to be acted on immediately and without question, so probably had little or no understanding of our society, or indeed much of the world.  Cry
Steve
Pro

Its really simple..every one here should abide by the forum rules as best they can.Its written in the forum rules  
remember that these forums can be viewed by all ages and not just adults. Sexual, Racist Items or links to explicit material will be removed and if this is repeated then action will be taken against the poster.

and religion is something I try my best to stay away from on forums nine times out of ten it never ends well.
myredhotcar
Grafter

I think customers of PlusNet - regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation etc. - should be free to visit the Chit Chat section of the forums without being exposed to bile. Sometimes it is like the comments section of a certain tabloid website here. There are other forums for bile such as the aforementioned tabloid website, or if you are vehemently blah blah there are proper blah blah sites about, hidden away so the rest of us can ignore them.
Political correctness. (NSFW)
Fixes: 123

Perhaps, while we have the sticky at the top, a link to the rules (specifically the rule mentioned by M Steve) should be added as a reminder Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: myredhotcar
I think customers of PlusNet - regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation etc. - should be free to visit the Chit Chat section of the forums without being exposed to bile.

Indeed - it is primarily a support forum for Plusnet. I think we have to remember that as it is hosted by Plusnet, with the Plusnet logo's and Plusnet staff onboard.
My view is that the forum should be politically and religiously neutral. Having moderated on other (and larger) forums where religious and political discussions have completely ruined the atmosphere of the community, I'd agree with the above statement.
And for the members who are about to jump on me for suggesting it, I shouldn't have to have made the above statement, members should be able to control themselves enough for these discussions to take place but it had started to get beyond an intelligent discussion and started turning into propaganda.
Devonian
Grafter

The problem is, some people are unable to debate.
I put my view across, and instead of certain people saying 'I disagree because', they just go off on one, calling me and others, all kinds of names.
Yet this is acceptable it seems, even though it is a personal attack.
I have reported posts where people have made outrageous comments about me, yet no action has been taken.
So a few people don't like a few things I have said.
well there a lot of things these same people have stated that I strongly object to.
Yet I am censored, and they are not.
So how is that neutral?
How is that making sure the rules are enforced fairly and for all?

Community Veteran

OMG! Here we go again!  Sad
For Gods sake SHUT UP!
Geoff,
York.
Devonian
Grafter

Point proven  Cool
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Not really.  I for one am quite capable of intelligent debate in an appropriate forum, but this just isn't the right forum.  Take note of others view on what this forum is about - please - before we lose the facility altogether.
M
adie:quote
Fixes: 102

mod:note
Enough is enough, can you all just take a step back draw some breaths and move on.
Will Moderate For Thanks