cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A reliable travel agent

community
Grafter

A reliable travel agent

I hope that someone can help me to choose a reliable travel agent.
I want to talk with an agent about several possibilities for me to finally
visit the places I have always wanted to visit in my life and never got round to!
The whole scene would be either short individual trips e.g. Newcastle, York,
London with overnight stays in qualtiy hotels
and then further afield e.g. Eurostar to Paris etc.etc.
Flights to Hamburg and Dusseldorf for other possibilties.
I am open to suggestions for packages .
I wonder if one of our community is actually a travel agent? Smiley
I still would like to hear from anyone who has "already done that, got the T-shirt etc." !!!
I live in south Yorkshire but that only comes into the equation for ease of contact. I am open to offers from anywhere.
I have funds available  Grin

Thanks
Eddie Johnson
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: A reliable travel agent

Having tried several travel agents over the years we have found the co-op to be the best.
Certainly worth using as a starting point
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I agree with gleneagles, I have always had the best service and holidays from the co-op  Smiley
community
Grafter

Thanks guys
sounds like a good start when 2 witnesses give the same name
sounds a bit like "Crimewatch"??  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We used Travelbag for many years, always found them very good and reliable.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I tend to do my own research and talk to friends I trust to steer me in the right direction.  Once I have decided where I'm going I then use sites like Expedia, Opodo, Travelocity to find the best prices.
In the past when I have used travel agents I have always gone to a local well established agent.  They have a wealth of knowledge and also a reputation to protect.
nadger
Rising Star

Apart from the 8 years that SWMBO worked for a travel agent we have always made our own arrangements.
It's even easier these days with these days with the internet.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Like John:- Married to a Travel Agent, only issue she used to book two tickets Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: nadger
It's even easier these days with these days with the internet.

Uhmm! yes, it should be...but! listening to a radio travel program recently. That pointed out with the intermittent rash of airline and travel agent failures these days or natural disasters. you should take care if you make your own arrangements, as you will be right at the back of the queue for repatriation if stuck abroad, compensation, catering, hotels etc will likely be not covered or available. Pay by credit card, as at least you may have some come-back there.
Make your own arrangements by all means (and we have several times) but, but be aware if something goes wrong you may be in serious trouble. Carefully read the small print of any travel insurance you may choose to take out. Most have get-out clauses in abundance.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
community
Grafter

Thanks to all so far...all good advice which I am taking on board (no pun intended).  Smiley