Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pour subject; milk bottles.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

A pour subject; milk bottles.

The material they're made from seems to be getting thinner.  Our daughter tells us, they've had them flex when pouring.,

Worse, last Friday I visited the local Tesco Express, buying a paper, muesli and 4 pts of milk for £5.60; put it all in my bag and went home. A time later my wife emptied the bag. Milk was everywhere. The container had a hole in the handle!Angry. So, back to the store I went with container, the hole sealed with sellotape.

There was some consternation, as I offered to show the assistant by removing the covering. Apologies  followed, and of course they would replace it.

Quietly I said we had been inconvenienced by the need to return, and having to clear up the mess from their defective item.

Supervisor was summoned, and ultimately after much key pressing on the till, i was given £5. Shopping for day ended costing 60 p, a 90% discount. Not bad for a 7 minute walk, or 2 in the car!Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: A pour subject; milk bottles.

Tesco is very good when it comes to customer service.

I haven't noticed a problem with the milk containers but thanks for the  warning.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Am I the only one who turns these containers upside down and squeezes them to check for leaks.

Things do change. Aldi went through a few month period where they had a weaker seal on them. They would pass the squeeze test but if laid on their side, for the journey home, they would start dripping a bit. They eventually went back to the stronger seals so I couldn't have been the only person to complain.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

I've mentioned here before that 'bags for life' are getting thinner and weaker, becoming more like bags for a week.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use bags from Heron food shops, they are larger, very strong, and last "forever"

Many  uses throughout  the home, only 6p each, and replaced no problem when damaged.

We buy them in packs of 20.... only £1.20

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@billnotben wrote:

Am I the only one who turns these containers upside down and squeezes them to check for leaks.

We have had Bleach bottles leak, even when screw top tightened.

Tested for leaks in the supermarket nowadays.

They get their own bag......

If we smell bleach back home, bag & bottles go straight in the wheelie bin, unpacked.

Though infrequent these days.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@Luzern 

Your title for the post includes the words  ' Milk Bottles '

But the post is about milk Cartons ?

SmileySmiley

Highlighted
Fixes: 394

Carton:

uses_for_milk_cartons_2_x1.jpg

Bottles:

plastic milk bottles 1.jpg

download.jpeg.jpg

Wink

How to and how not to open a carton of milk; https://youtu.be/jlVhfibkIEs

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Fixes: 394

Yesterday I bought two plastic bottles of orange juice. Both looked fine as I placed them in the trolley but by the time I got to the checkout one of them had leaked around the cap.

Made quite a mess of their conveyor!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well if we are talking about milk bottles how about these 12" tall ones?

Had 'em for some years now and have them sitting in my porch waiting to be collected. Wink

Not sure how old they are but I found them during a house renovation I was doing in France. Mrs Minivanman often uses them to put flowers in.  

IMG_2986.JPG

Highlighted
Fixes: 415

I usually buy 3 x 6 pint bottles of milk which go in the freezer until needed.

The bottles naturally expand as the milk freezes but I've only had 2 bottles split in the past 10 years.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Semi skimmed 'Long Life' milk cartons for us. 

Six at a time, kept in pantry (yes, we have one of those) and perfect.

Buy 'proper' milk on occassion, but not that often. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do exactly the same !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@artmo wrote:

Tesco is very good when it comes to customer service..

I don't agree - I've had issues with them multiple times. Okay normally they'll begrudgingly sort it out but a couple of times they've left me feeling very bitter. One time I had a customer service desk lady even damage our car when coming out to inspect why Tesco wiper blades didn't fit. That ended up with me writing to their HQ and then getting a very short and snotty apology from the store manager who couldn't care less about the dent the woman left.

Had a defective wifi adapter from there years ago too - bought for holiday abroad and didn't work! Took it back, they didn't give a damn that they'd made it impossible for me to use the internet out there, refused any goodwill gesture and got told take the refund or not. Manager walked off.. customer service fella went to do the refund and instead of refunding me the reduced price i paid the till kept insisting i had a full refund lol. He tried 3 times and it still insisted i have the extra 6 quid lol.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@7up wrote:
.. customer service fella went to do the refund and instead of refunding me the reduced price i paid the till kept insisting i had a full refund lol. He tried 3 times and it still insisted i have the extra 6 quid lol.

I remember many years ago when Tesco had a policy whereby if you got charged a higher price at the till for an item than the price displayed on the shelf, you could go to customer services and get a refund of the price paid and you kept the goods.  Of course you had to be on the ball and notice the overcharge.

On one particular occasion I had a couple of cases of Stella Artois in the trolley for which I was overcharged and followed the process described above.  However, I can't remember what logic I followed immediately after receiving the refund to explain why I didn't go swiftly back to the shelf and fill a trolley with Stella before they had a chance to change the shelf-price to match the computer price or vice versa.

Edit: Well at least I think it was Tesco  Roll_eyes