cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pipe leaking at a flat

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: A pipe leaking at a flat

Tell them the windows are covered with aluminium foil and you've noticed some herbal smells coming from the apartment with the leak 😉  I hope it's not my place in Edinburgh - I'm down in London at the moment.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

D'you know, I've been watching this thread since Saturday and find it difficult to believe that you've taken so long to call the Police. And when you do, you tell them you think its an over-flowing pipe! Think your local police would jot it down and wait for a quiet moment in their busy lives before coming out to a suspected overflow.
Did you not voice any of the other concerns at all?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
VileReynard
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

Place a call on that phone number where you grass-up people - suggest that there are illegal immigrants living there.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Illegal immigrants.... Thats a civil matter and only the owner could take action on that one.
Council & Social Services......... It would take a month or more for them to decide which department should deal with it, who would deal with it, which budget it should come out of etc
Herbal smells........Well you would have to make a statement and get done for wasting  Police Time.
I Guess if someone is in that flat it will be to late anyway.
idlewis
Grafter

That is the problem fixed now.  Thanks for everybodys suggestions.
Community Veteran

Was there anybody inside the flat?
idlewis
Grafter

I don't who sort out or if anybody was in the flat.  I am just glad it was sorted out.  Remember the police was called, the Landloard was called as well as the council. The Hairdressing business may know what happened as they took it among themselves to sort it out.
If I know anything, I let you know
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Please do let us know, I think everyone In this thread would like a happy ending after all they devoted their time to helping you out, Would be nice of you to let us know what actually happened.Rather than " Its sorted ".
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

and those of us who have just been watching  Huh Shocked Wink Smiley Undecided
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anteaus
Grafter

A few years back the police would have sent someone round to investigate rightaway, realising that this was the commonsense thing to do, as there might be a medical emergency in the flat. Nowadays the pen, paper, and procedures rule, as they do in so many things  since we so inadvisably joined the EU. If no procedure covers it, no action needed.  And, no commonsense allowed. Huh
By contrast, report anything which involves human rights, vulnerable individuals, or gender/race discrimination and it'll be like the opening scene from a Thunderbirds episode as the entire station's complement of staff mobilises. Shocked