cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pipe leaking at a flat

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: A pipe leaking at a flat

IMHO Police should have been called when it was first noticed.
I'm often surprised that folk living alone don't operate a 'buddy system' with local friends and neighbours.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the Mother in Law did, but she got in the shower and left the big red button thing out of reach
idlewis
Grafter

Just to let you know that after the Community Council meeting tonight, I have been advised to contact by phone to the factor which I will do and get the lady in the hairdresser to do so as well first thing tomorrow  as it is affecting the whole building so all the residents will have to pay.
Community Veteran

This really seems to have taken too long.  I hope it is no more than a water leak and that nobody is involved inside the property. Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@idlewis why haven't you called the police? - How do you know someone isn't dead up there?
It's true.. there really is no care in the community now.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Oh dear! I thought the op wanted advice, Seems he Isn't taking It. I pray no one Is hurt or worse DEAD!!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
idlewis
Grafter

No one is dead in the property because the  lights are going on and off.  So there is no need to worry.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

That makes It worse Sad
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
VileReynard
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

It's probably an overflow pipe - which is why they unaware of anything being wrong.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Quote from: idlewis
No one is dead in the property because the  lights are going on and off.  So there is no need to worry.
Hope they are not doing that in the hope of attracting attention.
If no one is answering the door or responding to shouts through the letter box they may be deaf equally they may not be............
One of our lights goes on and off at random intervals which we set when going on holiday lets hope it's something like that............
Community Veteran

I cannot understand the reluctance of the OP to deal with this problem in a sensible manner.  I'll say again, contact the Police.
idlewis
Grafter

I have phoned the police about it and someone said they have took a note of it so hopefully they will look into it.
The hairdressing bussiness has phoned the council three times and they could only write a letter to the occupier.
I phoned the Factor who do the same but I having giving the contact number to the hairdresser.#
The council said yesterday they will fix it this week So hopefully it will be solved at some point.
Community Veteran

What did you say to the Police?
idlewis
Grafter

I said to the police there has been an overflow pipe and although you do not fix it, I have been urged to phone the police as someone may have collasped.  They asked If I rung the bell  and i said no in case I get abused. They asked has anyone done anything about it and I said there has been contact with the council and the factor but they could only write letters to them and no one has replied and it has been like this for seventeen days.
Community Veteran

I have to say I think my local Police would have been more proactive.  keep us posted on progress.