cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nice day so......

N/A

A nice day so......

.....presumably everyone is out enjoying the sunshine 'cos it's like the Marie Celeste on here.
I've been to the local gala and they had a sheepdog display (herding sheep and geese) so I took two of my Cairns up to see if they could learn anything. They were extremely unimpressed and couldn't understand why the dogs were exerting themselves so much. Now they are exhausted with the exercise of walking up to the field so are fast asleep.
Off out for afternoon tea at the local garden centre soon so hope that when I get back someone will have posted.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: A nice day so......

Grand Prix qualifying followed by the cricket  Grin
Fixes: 105

I heard your cry from many miles away (Tenerife) Poppy, currently 32 degrees here so that might qualify as a nice day, so thought I´d pop on and say hi Smiley
Seen more of the cricket out here than I would have done at home which is good. Lots of swimming and eating too.
Hope you enjoyed your afternoon tea.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Played tennis this morning and may watch to see if Murray can beat Federer tonight.  A week on Monday and the US Open starts Cool
Community Veteran

Couple of hours office work first then some gardening. F1 qualifying, bit more pottering outside, now on second beer listening to the cricket.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Shopping in the morning then a picnic and after lunch ice cream at Snugbury's farm just outside Nantwich.
N/A

Sounds like you are having a nice time adiewoo but am very glad that I am not in such heat.
Here there is a nice cool breeze and if I can muster up some energy I am going to take the dogs out for an evening walk. The nights are drawing in now so best to make the most of them.
Glad that everyone is having a nice time with whatever they are doing, although can't say that I would find motor racing much fun.  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Poppy, you're so right about the nights drawing in.  it's very noticeable and makes me depressed as it signals winter on the way Sad
Still the forecast fro tomorrow is good so let's enjoy it whilst it lasts Grin
jmd
Grafter

I took Holly for an early morning walk at Clumber Park - it was very quiet there even when I left at 10.30am.................... but the National Trust folk were putting signs out for parking for this evening when they are have a pop concert.  I told Holly that some "super furry animals"* were performing and she said she was not interested unless they were rabbits or squirrels!  Then this afternoon have been at a friends just relaxing whilst Holly and Paddy [friends Irish Terrier] had playtime together.  Will go for a another short walk this evening locally.

*show my ignorance - I do not know what that group is like!
jim:green tag fixed mod:end
Community Veteran

I've been staring at my computer all day formatting compositions ready for submitting in less than a week. Sad All the lines and symbols make your head ache after a while...
Fixes: 47

I'm sure the rewards will be great Thomas Smiley
I've been out looking at a prospective large purchase Cool and later had tea with Daughter and Grandson.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yeah - like there'll be many jobs for a music/composition student in this economic climate... JSA and a weekly trek to a Job Centre are both looking all too likely.
(The scorn's not directed at you Strat by the way.)

But we're turning the economic corner and things are looking brighter and you're a young man.
Well one out of three 'ain't bad Wink Smiley
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I've been out looking at a prospective large purchase

I was also out looking at a large purchase (our new house)
Hopefully we'll be in by the end of October. (Yay! etc.)

Well mine isn't quite that large  but for what it is it's large enough. Smiley