Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new car for Shutter?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

A new car for Shutter?

a built in SatNav
Hot on the heels of TomTom's new partnership with Renault, Mio yesterday announced their partnership with Skoda. The announcement was made at the Paris Motor Show and will be an option on the Skoda Fabia, Fabia Combi and Roomster. Similar to Garmin's partnerships with Volvo and Mini, the device will, essentially, be a standard portable device (similar to the Mio Moov series) but with an integrated active cradle built into the car. The mount and device set up has also passed the European NCAP crash test. The devices will be available from October (i.e. soon!).
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: A new car for Shutter?

Hi Pierre !.... No, I don`t think so..... Have just been from Portsmouth to Leicester and back today with three changes of original routing on the way and two changes on the return journey (in different places), due to traffic problems, never used the map , and have no need for satnav.  I have a very good memory for roads, and alternative routes, and can adjust my journeys according to conditions, I can even predict the arrival time within 10 minutes accuracy, even after diversions.  My skoda has done 120,000 miles 75,000 since I bought it 4 years ago, and still drives like the first time I sat in the driving seat... Due for a service this week.... Thanks, but "no thanks"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Fixes: 47

Ok...I admit it Embarrassed My Sat Nav satisfies the Gadget Freak in me Lips are sealed
I've just bought a new alarm clock because my old one failed to wake me this morning. I awoke, looked at the clock and it said 7:05 (I normally get up at 6). Curses, late again...so it was up, in the shower, dress, shave and out. I opened the curtains in the living room and then looked at the clock.....5:25am... Shocked. I went back upstairs to see the alarm clock displaying 7:25...the [censored] thing is radio controlled..
The replacement is radio controlled, has date as well as time, measures local and remote temperature and projects the time and temperature onto the ceiling.
Moral of this tale.....I'm a gadget freak Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Moral of the tale..... get a decent wind up version, with two bells on the top, and make sure you set it properly, and wind it up before you go to sleep!..... best gadgets are the one`s you can play with..... those that sit around and do it all themselves, are pretty but pretty useless Grin Grin Grin

Thus spake a man barren of the pleasures of the Gadget Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

pierre_pierre
Grafter

and to think strat, he is asking on another thread - how did the Romans get from A to B,  Simple really they put in the Post Code, works every time
Community Veteran

Hmm! Pierre, Your cartoon is not in the spirit of this forum..... "Friendly Discussion and Chat"..... However, I don`t think I will take the advice given, seeing as Strat & I are good friends.... He may make silly remarks about me being gadgetless, but at least my alarm clock works, and I get up when it tells me too !.... usually with the words..... "C`mon you lazy git.... make the tea"  Shocked Roll eyes Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

That reminds me Must get up tomorrow, Flue Jabs at 10:19,  how precise, said do what, reply was we are doing 3 a minute?

Quote from: shutter
seeing as Strat & I are good friends....

...and long may it remain so Smiley
Good night gentlemen
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
That reminds me Must get up tomorrow, Flue Jabs at 10:19,  how precise, said do what, reply was we are doing 3 a minute?
Had both flu and pneumonia jabs a couple of years ago. Took off shirt ( frightened nurse) and had one in each arm - reminded me of September 1953  Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the flu jab has to be renewed every year
The nurse used to go out with my son when they were at school !!!!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
the flu jab has to be renewed every year
Pneumonia is a one off - I see they think they are near to having developed a flu jab that'll not need an annual jab. Oct 17th for jabs at my surgery.
techguy
Grafter

Yep you've reminded me to go as I'm asthmatic and so on the 'at risk' list
Job for tomorrow methinks