Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A man who tells it like it is.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

A man who tells it like it is.

Did anybody watch Frankie Boyle's American Autopsy shown on BBC a few days ago?

I caught it last night on BBC2 and it's the man at his best as well as the funniest thing I've seen for a long time. He certainly tells it like it is. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b083s663/frankie-boyles-american-autopsy

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 431

Re: A man who tells it like it is.

I don't like Frankie Boyle as the last few times I have seen him on TV his jokes were very inappropriate about children which, although I have a very broad sense of humour, I found to be too disgusting to want to listen to.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

As said, he tells it like it is but maybe disgusting is too strong a word, to my mind that would apply to the likes of Chubby Brown. Frankie does make us feel uncomfortable at times I must admit but there you go - but then how bad can it be if the BBC allows it?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

He makes some very good points, in a deadpan and amusing way, but then spoils it with unnecessary bad taste and crude similes and metaphors.

I don't like watching Ricky Gervais for similar reasons.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

So should humor have boundaries? 

Some of the worst/best I have heard have been those with double meanings - take the great Max Miller and his  'beautiful woman walking across the bridge' joke.Banned by the BBC at the time I believe. Dirty mind or dirty jokes you take your pick and pretend not to understand them I guess.  

Takes all sort of course and with regards to Ricky Gervais, some very famous and respected 'all sorts' have appeared in his sketches - and no need to list them all of course. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

@Minivanman wrote:

So should humor have boundaries? 

No, not at all. I think the boundaries lie with each individual person. Boyle and Gervais should be free to do what they choose, and I'm free to reject their offerings. I do actually like comics 'telling it like it is', but personally I'd rather hear it from the likes of Mark Thomas, Jeremy Hardy, Marcus Brigstocke and Mark Steel.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N