Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A man who tells it like it is.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

A man who tells it like it is.

Did anybody watch Frankie Boyle's American Autopsy shown on BBC a few days ago?

I caught it last night on BBC2 and it's the man at his best as well as the funniest thing I've seen for a long time. He certainly tells it like it is. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b083s663/frankie-boyles-american-autopsy

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 123

Re: A man who tells it like it is.

I don't like Frankie Boyle as the last few times I have seen him on TV his jokes were very inappropriate about children which, although I have a very broad sense of humour, I found to be too disgusting to want to listen to.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Hero

As said, he tells it like it is but maybe disgusting is too strong a word, to my mind that would apply to the likes of Chubby Brown. Frankie does make us feel uncomfortable at times I must admit but there you go - but then how bad can it be if the BBC allows it?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

He makes some very good points, in a deadpan and amusing way, but then spoils it with unnecessary bad taste and crude similes and metaphors.

I don't like watching Ricky Gervais for similar reasons.

Not young enough to know everything
Minivanman
Hero

So should humor have boundaries? 

Some of the worst/best I have heard have been those with double meanings - take the great Max Miller and his  'beautiful woman walking across the bridge' joke.Banned by the BBC at the time I believe. Dirty mind or dirty jokes you take your pick and pretend not to understand them I guess.  

Takes all sort of course and with regards to Ricky Gervais, some very famous and respected 'all sorts' have appeared in his sketches - and no need to list them all of course. 

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Minivanman wrote:

So should humor have boundaries? 

No, not at all. I think the boundaries lie with each individual person. Boyle and Gervais should be free to do what they choose, and I'm free to reject their offerings. I do actually like comics 'telling it like it is', but personally I'd rather hear it from the likes of Mark Thomas, Jeremy Hardy, Marcus Brigstocke and Mark Steel.

Not young enough to know everything