Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A guide to putting your clocks back.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

A guide to putting your clocks back.

122596323_4097386870276648_4782221046984463425_n.jpg

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
18 REPLIES 18
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: A guide to putting your clocks back.

I remember back in 2010 going in to work for 6am on the Monday morning & having 30 reach forklift trucks brought down to the workshop one after the other as the operators hadn't yet figured out how to change the time on the clock.

They where fine with changing the time on the older model but the new type truck that they hadn't had long defeated them - until they where shown how.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

One we always forget is the overnight timer on our electric water heater which we have set to be on during those overnight off-peak hours. Not much you might think, but if comes on a hour early (or off an hour late).... well it can make quite a difference over that five months and approx 150 hours of winter time.

HairyMcbiker
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Several years ago I picked up a "new" (to me) central heating controller. To my surprise it did/does automatic time settings (+/- 1hr) only thing I need to do is occasionally reset the time as it has lost a bit over the past year.
The one I forget is the DVR in the car, never look at the time on it so it tends to be forgotten, I found that out a couple of years ago when I needed the footage and the time was an hour+ out.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I used to religiously change all the clocks in my house before going to bed.

Now I just can't be arsed. They now only get changed over the following couple of days when I can be bothered.

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

A good guide to putting your clocks back is to remember where you put the manuals....

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

AFAIR only two 'manuals' here, the rest are automatic (watch, PCs, phones, car, etc.)   Cheesy

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Champnet  Very true. I find my bedside clock a nightmare to operate, let alone change the time.

Funny enough, the car radio is like computers, smartphone. Turn on, wait a minute and it magically updates the time. If the battery as been disconnected at some point, it will even update the date as well. Simples!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RobPN
Hero

@idonno wrote:

... bedside clock ...

That's one of the two 'manuals' here, and has been known to remain on the wrong time until the clocks change again, just need to remember it's wrong!

It's OK in spring just holding the button down for about 1 sec momentarily to advance it 1 hour, but as the adjustment is only 'forwards' I have to wait for it to 'advance' 23 hours to put it back an hour.  Sad

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

As an inveterate collector of old clocks I'm going to have a busy morning.  😐

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
TTman
Seasoned Champion

@198kHz Could be worse the Queens clocks take 40 hours to change.Tongue

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Gave up on our beside clock not only because of changing the time twice a year which always had me scratching my head, but because the backup battery never worked from the time I first bought it and it only took blip in the mains power supply and I'd have to try and reset the damned thing.  

So into the bin it went, and on goes my Kindle if I need to check the time in the morning. Why the heck I still find checking the time so important now I'm long retired I don't know. Force of a habit I guess.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@HairyMcbiker 

Long Time no see !    Welcome back  Wink

RobPN
Hero

That might not be for long @shutter as it seems yet another order to transfer to PlusNet has fallen foul of gremlins in PNs systems ...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/New-order-not-going-very-well/m-p/1772619

HairyMcbiker
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

@shutter hello OM. I'm back but don't know for how long. The transfer in to PN isn't going well. And the staff can't be bothered to answer my question.