cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A glimpse of the future.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A glimpse of the future.

Google's Duplex, a robot making appointments on your behalf.  Here is a new link (youtube clip 5.44 minutes).

That's creepy clever.

Edit: URL repaired

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 47

Re: A glimpse of the future.

That link is broken unfortunately.

These are clever little burgers though Smiley

I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Community Veteran

I expect the four legged one will get the most attention as it's surprisingly stable.

Probably versions with gun turrets on are already being planned.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@AlaricAdair

A glimpse of the present surely, but creepy I agree.

What with those above and now Google's software bots mimicking the human voice, we are opening the door to an entirely new life form - in fact an advanced guard named Alexa has already gained entry!

"Exterminate exterminate" Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwrjoJ2S3k

PS. Can somebody tell me how those video clips rather than links are uploaded? Thumbs Up

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

One fun thing with the Alexa toys is they respond to people in youtube videos announcing alexa commands, so the people watching can suddenly have their alexa thing playing music, ordering things or searching for adult content if the youtube creator says the right words... Funny

@Minivanman wrote:
PS. Can somebody tell me how those video clips rather than links are uploaded? Thumbs Up

Click the little camera button when replying to threads and it'll guide you through the process:

YTbutton.jpg

Community Veteran

I received a Google Mini as a freebie when I replaced our colour laser printer. It's connected, but we don't use it frequently and have consigned it to the front parlour. In that location it is good for dealing with guests/visitors who are staying too long. We demonstrate it with the phrase "Ok Google, when is the next bus to town?"

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.