Did you mean: 

A funny Trump

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A funny Trump

I read this article on BBC news Trump, funny 

In particular this one  made me roar...

(About) 

• North Korean leader Kim Jong-un: "As far as the risk of dealing with a madman is concerned, that's his problem, not mine."
11 REPLIES
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Re: A funny Trump

There is much to dislike and like about the man - and like Brexit at least he's shaken up the system because to become apathetic and accepting is to get what we deserve.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran

Agreed, MVm. In the wake of the school shooting he suggested arming the teachers, which was inaccurately reported, and got him slated. In reality, what wasn't reported, was that he said 'if the teachers feel competent and are trained (words to that effect). He actually suggested doing something, not like other presidents who mouthed platitudes and took the opportunity of the photoshoots to promote their own careers.

I don't like not dislike the guy, but I am a realist and he's no better or worse than any other president in living history.
alanj
Aspiring Pro

@rogadodge wrote:
 he suggested arming the teachers, which was inaccurately reported, and got him slated. In reality, what wasn't reported, was that he said 'if the teachers feel competent and are trained

Well, maybe not such a good suggestion:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/georgia-shooting-teacher-arrested-dalton-name-of-sc...

Maybe arm the students?

The man is a nasty xenophobic moron.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

No way in hell I'd arm teachers. The moment one suffers one of lifes rotten events and turns bitter there is a classroom full of victims.

The schools need to be made secure - eg locked doors that need a pass to get through to enter the building. Hardly rocket science is it. Funny how the white house will be full of that kinda stuff but they don't think about the same stuff for children. Shows their real priorities out there doesn't it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Not only doors I would suggest @7up, but the whole exterior needs to be made secure with a fence around it.

Lots of schools in France and Spain have them but here even the new schools are being built with open access. Bad news that we have to have them but, we live in bad times. I used to pick up either my niece or nephew from their school in France and they could not leave beyond the secured gate without permission and I could not enter the grounds without it.

Made sense to me, and that was nearly twenty years ago and yet here we are today where I can easily enter my grandchildren's newly opened school with little or no problem. The kids deserve more.

As for arming the teachers........ Crazy2 

Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 4

Don't forget the fences need to have holes in them large enough for mothers to stuff high-fat foods through for their kids who can't eat healthy school meals.

alanj
Aspiring Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

The kids deserve more.

The students deserve better than spending large parts of their lives inside high security fences built as a knee-jerk reaction to what is, in this country, a minimal risk to safety.

There are good arguments for NOT fortifying schools in this way - even in the post Sandy Hook USA: http://www.promoteprevent.org/blog/school-safety-planning-why-fortification-not-answer

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

No worries @Jonpe all you need is one of these to fire over the top Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIFOd6r7HYc

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@alanj wrote:

@Minivanman wrote:

The kids deserve more.

The students deserve better than spending large parts of their lives inside high security fences built as a knee-jerk reaction to what is, in this country, a minimal risk to safety.

There are good arguments for NOT fortifying schools in this way - even in the post Sandy Hook USA: http://www.promoteprevent.org/blog/school-safety-planning-why-fortification-not-answer

They deserve safety. At present this is something they do not have out in the USA.

As for it being a minimal risk to safety in this country, I assume you have forgotten about the Dunblane massacre in 1996? Sure it hasn't happened again since but every year we hear of people being busted and a house full of firearms being found. It's only a matter of time before it happens again here.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@7up Thumbs Up

alanj
Aspiring Pro

@7up

No, I haven’t forgotten about Dunblane. I was running workshops for schools in Edinburgh when it happened and remember very clearly the complete shock that such a thing had happened. But, I think responses to threats such as that need to be proportionate, and care needs to be taken to make sure that a balance is made between ensuring the safety of young people and the freedoms necessary for them to develop into balanced, mature members of society.

I think it is important to remember that we can never guarantee that there will not be another mass shooting like Dunblane, or Hungerford, or Cumbria. We can not make schools impregnable. And there are negative consequences to the fortification of schools - see the website I referenced in my last post.