cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few pics from Ukraine...

Fixes: 125

A few pics from Ukraine...

Quote from: journeys
@Mav:- Pleased your back safely, how about sharing a few photographs (not too many Roll eyes) have always wondered what rural Ukraine looks like.

Actually, I've put together a short slideshow (just over 5 mins).
Not had too much time to view and edit all the photos/videos taken as I've been quite busy with other things but I hope you enjoy what I have done.
The first few are from where we stayed for 10 days in Alushta, Crimea. The sun was hot, the sky was blue and the sea... angry!
The next section is from Ai-Petri which is peak in the mountains in the south of Crimea. I managed to get a few shots of the cable car but we didn't have much time there.
Then there's a few from Yalta, also in Crimea, (which is twined with Margate - just a few miles from where I live).
The last few are of Dnepropetrovsk, SWMBO's home city.
(The last one is from a main road on the way to Kharkiv. It seems what was once a duel carriageway is now only single. By the time this photo was taken I wasn't feeling too good so didn't take many shots. We were on our way to a small village where SWMBO mum and dad owned a farm. Full of chickens, turkeys, rabbits, pigs and vegetation of one sort or another it was thriving. Most of our eggs were fresh from the farm and tasted lovely. We bought back some rabbit, chick and more eggs. Weren't too keen on the rabbit but the chickens were nice - apparently they don't give them names Crazy)
Hope you enjoy Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: A few pics from Ukraine...

Mav, a great slideshow thanks for posting. It looks a lovely location.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@Mav, Marvellous thanks for sharing with us, nice presentation, much appreciated Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Nice work, Mav.  Enjoyed it. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

But this is nice Mav!! there was me expecting the Ukraine to be full of gulags and Kalaskinov toting mean looking guards...
Seriously, nice work if you can get it, quite stunning scenery, and excellently presented.
Perhaps the gulags are coastal high-rise nowadays.
/coat
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Great slide show although I hit an unexpected problem (only mentioned because of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108449.0) that with a profile of 4200kbps I had some buffering when viewing on 1080 HD full screen and no the bandwidth wasn't being restricted.
This tends to point to problems with full HD streaming in the future  Shocked
Fixes: 47

Thanks Mav. Some lovely photos there and very atmospheric.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Nice snaps and nicely shown Smiley music could have been better tho Tongue
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Fixes: 125

I've been out all day so this is first time I've popped in and want to thank you all for your nice comments.
@Petlew Not seen any Gulags. SWMBO's brother is a policeman and he came home one night and just handed me his gun. At 52 I'd never held a firearm before and was a little apprehensive until he showed me the bullets he'd taken out. Not a Kalashkinov, though - more's the pity Wink
Funny, though, I beat him on the shooting gallery at the local fair Smiley
@Oldjim Hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment of the show too much Wink
@ukste20 I was a little troubled about the music. For my own and family use I have no qualms about using any of the music tracks I have but didn't want to fall foul of the Copyright Stasi. I have Cinescore installed which is a copyright-free music generator. This is the first time I used it and realised that I have a little more to learn to get the best results Cheesy
To be honest, the photos don't really do the country much justice. I was just so disappointed that I became too ill to travel to some of the other locations we had intended on visiting - hopefully next year...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still