Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

A few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Not just ebay sellers, but those on Amazon as well.

Looking for a bog standard address book for the Mrs at around a tenner, and the first one that pops up is this for £850. They must think some of us are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

How do they get away with it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidston-Address-Kidson-Stationary-Stationery/dp/1844005577

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
8 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: A few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Keep friends and family's details to hand in this lovely bird print notebook

If you have that kind of money to throw at a simple address book you're going to have a great many 'friends' details to put in there.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Well 99% of them are far too small anyway Strat.

What with the length of some people's addresses, moving home, and other details, I've found over the years you need at least a full sized A5 for each person..... something like this in fact, which we'll now order Thumbs Up

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moleskine-S01658-Large-Address-Book/dp/8883701658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I have seen it suggested that the ridiculously high prices are set to ensure no sales while awaiting stock. Apparently there are reasons why this is preferable to removing a listing and later relisting an item.

Minivanman
Hero

Hmm I wonder what would happen if you placed and order and no, I'm not going to try it either!

Much easier and honest I'd have thought to just edit the advert with 'out of stock' - which I have seen.

Community Veteran

Plenty of different ones in the Pound Shop.

Minivanman
Hero

How much? Smiley

I bet they are all to small!

Community Veteran

Isn't five pages enough?Smiley

Trouble with the pound shop things are no longer all a pound.

Shame as what they now call "managers specials" (£3-£10 usually) are what used to be the good bargains in there.

Minivanman
Hero

Cheesy