cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A difficult choice

Fixes: 47

A difficult choice

It's so easy to say either:
The Conservatives have got it all wrong so I'm voting for Miliband or...
Labour haven't a policy worth considering so I'm voting for Cameron.
However I find myself in the unusual for me position of perching precariously on the fence.
Hopefully the coming weeks will clarify the situation
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
34 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: A difficult choice

yeah maybe labour will actually produce a manifesto /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Be radical vote Monster Raving Loony Party ;-) Most of the main parties are anyway.
nanotm
Pro

Do they even exist anymore?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Strat I wouldn't vote for either of those two parties quite frankly. If I were to vote (not that I want to or ever intend to) then it would be for a different party such as UKIP, Green or the Looneys. Quite frankly I think the latter would be my preferred choice except that screaming lord sutch hung himself and lost the party it's iconic looney  Crazy
@nano yes they still have a wikipedia page and an official website. Apparently membership is over 1000  Shocked
Infact looking at their site, they've actually published a manifesto:
Prospective Manicfesto for Prospective Voters
23rd January 15
The A-Z of the OMRLP Manicfesto Just a sample of what you’d get by voting for insanity… …you know it makes sense! Vote now (well, on 7th May actually). Vote OMRLP!
A.AIR bags will be fitted to the Stock Exchange immediately, ready for the next crash.
B. BRITAIN will exit Europe and join the Duchy of Cornwall to benefit from tax exemptions.
C. CAPITAL Punishment will be opposed on the grounds that it is unfair to Londoners.
D. DATA will be secured, placed in a brown bag and hidden in the PM’s socks and pants drawer.
E. Education. All University Tuition fees for women would be free as we are strong believers in Female intuition. (Due to gender equality laws we would include males as well)
F. FRIVOLOUS Fraud Office setup to inspect fraud too silly for the Serious Fraud Office.
G. GREYHOUND racing will be banned to prevent the country going to the dogs.
H. HALF the grey squirrels will be painted red to increase the red squirrel population.
I. INNOCENT prisoners will be released in order to reduce prison overcrowding.
J. JOBSEEKERS will be made to stand two abreast in order to halve dole queues.
K. KIDS will be made to sit closer together on smaller desks in to reduce school class sizes.
L. LONDON Marathon free to anyone finishing in sub-2 hours wearing large clown’s shoes.
M. MEGA carwash will be created by punching holes in the roof of the Channel Tunnel.
N. NATIONAL debt will be cleared by putting it all on our credit card.
O. OAPS will qualify for a Summer Ice Lolly Allowance if temperatures exceed 70 degrees.
P. PUDDLES deeper than 3 inches will be marked by a yellow plastic duck.
Q. QUITTERS will be encouraged not to start in the first place to improve their self esteem.
R. REGULATIONS concerning car boot sales will be relaxed to permit selling of all car parts.
S.STAMP duty will be cancelled as stamps are expensive enough without having to pay duty.
T.TERRORISTS will be made to wear Bells and Horns so we know where they are.
U.UNRULY teenagers will be superglued together as if you can’t beat them, join them.
V. VEHICLES will be fitted with bungy ropes in order to save fuel on the return journey.
W. WIND farms will be created nationwide, where breaking wind will be encouraged.
X. X-RAY machines will be manned by a skeleton staff.
Y. YELLOW lines will be painted where you can park instead of where you can’t to save money.
Z. ZEBRA crossings will be made permissible to all animals wishing to cross the road.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Quote from: 7up
Strat I wouldn't vote for either of those two parties quite frankly.

The realist in me tells me it will be a 2 horse race which narrows down my choices somewhat hence the mention of a fence.
There are only 2 sides to a fence.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thing is though, UKIP are growing pretty quickly and while I don't expect them to win this election, the one after could be very different.
Nobody ever thought the greens would get into parliament but they've done it. UKIP has already had ministerial success too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

the greens have more standing as a political party though because they have control of a local council, of course there record of running it proves just how disorganised they are as a party, UKIP would need to be in charge of a local council and do well before anyone would consider them as a real party, maybe next time round Farage could get his policy people to come up with something sensible as an all round manifesto (doesn't need the minutia of day to day running in it but something more akin to reality in 2015 than something that reads like a 1915 roadmap for betterment ......certainly he had the facial to bring himself up to date now he just needs the ideas to catch up ....
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: nanotm
UKIP would need to be in charge of a local council ...

It has been.
13 May 2011 UKIP takes control of first council...
...and do well

?
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Duplicate post removed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It's not a difficult choice in my books, if there's nobody worth voting for, then nobody gets my vote...
Kremmen
Rising Star

UKIP here, he talks my feelings.
Let's be careful out there !
Community Veteran

Vote for your local Klingon
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: alanf
UKIP would need to be in charge of a local council ...

It has been.
13 May 2011 UKIP takes control of first council...
...and do well

?

yeah I was meaning a county council not something listed as a parish council where there is no real problem of them screwing the pooch and messing peoples lives up /
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm worried about the economically illiterate anti-business Mandelbrot set getting in and causing a capital flight or damaging the recovery. I rely on my investments and savings for my retirement. Also Mangleson has made direct threats against private landlords and I rentals make up a large part of our income as well.  Angry
When they got in before I used to go and work abroad and keep some income offshore but now I'm mainly retired I'm stuck here.  Undecided
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra