cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A brush with the future

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A brush with the future

L'oreal have for a mere $200 produced a hair brush which vibrates if you are brushing your hair wrongly. Sadly a waste of money for my limited locks.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: A brush with the future

I wonder which part of the brush vibrates.

Smiley

Fixes: 121

It does worry me that with so many devices that 'think' for us we could be making a future where no one will be able to think for themselvesSad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

gleneagles wrote:

Smiley

Or what hair you're meant to brush with it.................................................................. Cheesy

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, my toothbrush gets very agitated and noisy if I brush for more than two minutes.  I shall brush till my teeth are clean thank you very much.

Steve
Pro

Mav wrote:

It does worry me that with so many devices that 'think' for us we could be making a future where no one will be able to think for themselvesSad

It's already happening, they want everyone dumbed down, just look at what they teach in School.

agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

Stopping people thinking for themselves isn't that now called Health & Safety?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Community Veteran

I was thinking this morning of the amazing difference between Super-8 cine film of my youth and today's modern action cameras like the GoPro or even on the iPhone. Give a junior school kid a section of amateur cine film and they wouldn't recognise it.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@AlaricAdair and why should they?  you were not taught to ride a bike on a "boneshaker"  or "penny farthing"... i.e. "old technology"... you were brought up in the "modern world" ... just the same as kids of today...

Yup !.. you were told/taught about historical stuff, that was considered relevant in your days.. and the same is done today...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

twocvbloke wrote:

gleneagles wrote:

Smiley

Or what hair you're meant to brush with it.................................................................. Cheesy

Yeah I was just thinking thisis surely aimed at women with a rather frisky nature lol.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I still remember the overhead projector and acetate sheets so essential to conferences and presentations as recently as 15 years ago.  Now try explaining that to a 15-year-old used to laptops and video projectors, not to mention electronic white boards.  (Don't you just love it when a pompous senior manager picks up the wrong marker and acutally puts ink (especially permanent ink) on the whiteboard.?)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Jonpe wrote:

(Don't you just love it when a pompous senior manager picks up the wrong marker and acutally puts ink (especially permanent ink) on the whiteboard.?)

Some at my school used to swap the dri-wipe pens for permanent markers to do just that, unfortunately the teachers caught on and started locking their pens in their desk drawers... Grin

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Jonpe wrote:

(Don't you just love it when a pompous senior manager picks up the wrong marker and acutally puts ink (especially permanent ink) on the whiteboard.?)

I'll never forget a BT 'safety in the workplace' staff meeting where a suit placed an overhead projector on a desk and trailed the flex over to a power socket on the wall.He plugged in, switched on, and promptly turned round and tripped over the flex.

Oh how we laughed! Collapse of stout party, and several minutes until order was restored.

Not young enough to know everything