cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit of `armless fun !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

A bit of `armless fun !

This guy certainly has a sense of humour,.... despite his disability..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hilarious-amputee-demands-money-back-11251747

5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: A bit of `armless fun !

I liked this comment;

Dad-of-three Steve, 32, said: "The whole thing just got out of hand -

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

When I worked with my dad, someone there had one arm.

My dad, (being more jokey and sarcastic than me) said "Don't worry about him, he's harmless".

Yes bit below the belt, but he was a nice person and having a sense of humour like my dad, he saw the funny side and wasn't offended.

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

shutter wrote:

despite his disability..

The implication being some find it difficult to comprehend a person's disability doesn't effect their SOH...

I guess you've never seen the Last Leg during the Paralympics, or the stand up from the likes of Francesca Martinez or Rosie Jones.

Both have Cerebral Palsy, both of whom use their disabilities for comedy, and to break down the fears and misunderstandings the able bodied have of people with disabilities, and are both bloody hilarious.

https://twitter.com/josierones/status/824177055344586754

2u2me
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

DaveyH wrote:

I guess you've never seen the Last Leg during the Paralympics, or the stand up from the likes of Francesca Martinez or Rosie Jones.

On the subject of the Paralympics, I went in London 2012.

Amazing day, first major sporting event I had even been to. To see it in person is different and to see what these people do and not let it hold them back.

I'm live in London so Stratford was only a a train and a tube away. Watched the IAAF games at the stadium few weeks back.

I never understood why people want to watch things live such as your favourite band, football team etc. in person when you can argue you can watch it on your big HD TV, but after then now I do.