cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A&E Doctor jailed for 12 years

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

A&E Doctor jailed for 12 years

A hospital consultant working in A&E has been jailed for 12 years for being in possession of a stash of guns and ammunition along with a list of bad guys he was planning to assisnate.

The bad guys in question were hospital staff who he blamed for getting him dismissed.

Quite frightening to think what the outcome would have been if he had carried out his plan.

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: A&E Doctor jailed for 12 years

Different strokes for different folks

Some people have it out to the persons face while some people quietly seethe.

The consultant comes from the thankfully rare breed of ultimate slow boilers.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Jailed for twelve, out in eight.

That should make us all feel much safer. Thank the Gods it was nothing serious! 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
jab1
All Star
Fixes: 6

@gleneagles wrote:

A hospital consultant working in A&E has been jailed for 12 years for being in possession of a stash of guns and ammunition along with a list of bad guys he was planning to assisnate.

The bad guys in question were hospital staff who he blamed for getting him dismissed.

Quite frightening to think what the outcome would have been if he had carried out his plan.

@gleneagles Just a slight correction - Post title should read:- Struck-off A & E doctor jailed for 12 years.

John
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@jab1

And that matters because.... ? Roll eyes

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
jab1
All Star
Fixes: 6

@Minivanman Because it clarifies - or possibly explains - why he did what he did, although it doesn't excuse it,Smiley

John
Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 3

With the ever increasing violence used against A&E staff, guns may soon be part of the uniform.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

@Jonpe

I guess you say that in jest.

What is really needed is video security cameras in every A&E department with a law which states that physical violence against any member of staff results in a immediate prison sentence.

There would be only one exclusion to this, if the person was at the time suffering from a mental illness and did not know what they were doing, in which case they would immediately be detained under the mental health act following assessment by a psychiatrist.

Some of this violence comes as much from friends and relatives as it does from the patient who can be loaded up on drink or drugs thinking they can get priority treatment over others waiting for treatment.

Perhaps limiting the number of friends or relatives to 2 per patient might help in some cases.

I am aware that some elderly patients with dementia or similar conditions can be violent but that is a completely different situation to the above and can be handled by experienced staff who are likely to be aware of the signs preceeding such incidents.

Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 3

@gleneagles wrote:

@Jonpe

I guess you say that in jest.

Come back and ask me in 20 years.