cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Wasted Life

chuffchuff
Rising Star

A Wasted Life

"UK housing and transport projects face the scrapheap despite Government promises to relax hurdles in way of development"
- article in the Mail today, not sure of the accuracy of it!
I wonder if that includes all the road improvements we were promised earlier in the year.
I have to drive past Stonehenge again soon, another 40 minutes of my life lost  Sad
Over the years I have calculated that the congestion there has claimed 2 complete days of my life.
Grim!
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: A Wasted Life

Quote from: chuffchuff
Over the years I have calculated that the congestion there has claimed 2 complete days of my life.

If thats all then you've really not suffered. I could loose that in a couple of months where i used to work!
While I agree our roads do need fixing, at least we're not driving on dirt tracks... though given our current amount of national debt that isn't far away  Roll eyes No wonder we have so many chelsea tractors around.
Personally I'd like to see the paperwork and stats side of it done away with and pot hole repair teams sent out to find and fix by themselves - with GPS trackers to stop them slacking off in cafes etc. Why on earth we can't just "get on with it" like they do in other countries is beyond me.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!