Did you mean: 

A Warning discussion

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Re: A Warning discussion

@DaveyH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Opening the Forums to all & sundry has inevitably lead to foreseeable problems.

Except it largely hasn't.

There are several "problematic" Plusnet customers/long standing members who feel the need to fill General Chat with their inane, ignorant, Ill informed, out of touch and often bigoted ramblings...

Perhaps you see everything in a more serious way than most people, sure if you are at work or in certain other situations then it is necessary to take things in such a way but as I see it this forum should be taken in a much lighter sort of way, views expressed may at times include comments or statements as you describe above but the constant requests to justify statements made or take offence to something you do not agree with might be necessary if we were undertaking some online degree course but that is not the case here.

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of forums where matters of a serious nature can be discussed but this forum is a mixture of things, if the forum upsets anyone the answer is simple cease using it.

Sadly many people who have been on the forum for years have been using it less due to the PC brigade and every post must be justified type of poster who are clearly in the minority.

@7up

I fully agree with your comments.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Thanks @Mayfly

I've only been an admin of a forum of around 30 people - so nothing compared to the size of this forum.

I always remember when someone found out another person was cheating on them, so that was not fun as you can imagine.

I had to move a lot of the posts to my admin board.

30 people was as bad enough as it was. Roll_eyes

So I can imagine what the mods have to go through - they have to do it to a much larger extent than I did.

AlaricAdair
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Entropy leads to dystopia which is why the wardens need the charm of Cerberus. 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 52

@Anonymous wrote:

Opening the Forums to all & sundry has inevitably lead to foreseeable problems.

You'll undoubtedly get the odd riff-raff but a strong moderation team should take care of that.
Ex-Plusnetter now living life in the G,fast lane!
happihijabi
Grafter

@gleneagles wrote:

the forum upsets anyone the answer is simple cease using it

And those who are upset could well also decide to leave Plusnet. There are definitely some who decide not to use Plusnet because of some of the offensive posts that are given space on the Plusnet provided forum. From a business point of view, closing the General Chat board is the only sensible option.

AlaricAdair
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It looks like I was right on the nail predicting dystopia.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Browni
Aspiring Hero

Others may join because of a vibrant community!

Please give a credible source for 

There are definitely some who decide not to use Plusnet because of some of the offensive posts that are given space on the Plusnet provided forum

apart from yourself and your aliases.
happihijabi
Grafter

@Browni

You are accusing me of what exactly? Having or having had another identity on this forum?

Either be clear in your accusations or get off my case

Browni
Aspiring Hero

lol

happihijabi
Grafter

@Browni

It says a lot about you that you find your trolling a laughing matter. 

It says a lot about the Mods that they allow it to continue in spite of reporting it.

Yesterday it took intervention by @JonoH to get something done. Maybe his intervention is required again.

[edited for punctuation]

Browni
Aspiring Hero

It says a lot about you that you bring the square root of [-Censored-] all to any conversation here.

Why have have you joined?

ffox
Pro

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@happihijabi wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:

the forum upsets anyone the answer is simple cease using it

There are definitely some who decide not to use Plusnet because of some of the offensive posts that are given space on the Plusnet provided forum.  

Can you show us the evidence to back this up please? While i'll agree some won't use the forum i've yet to see any evidence of people ceasing to use plusnet as their ISP because of it - which is what you're claiming.

@happihijabi wrote:

From a business point of view, closing the General Chat board is the only sensible option.

What? How on earth does this affect plusnet as a business? If anything allowing customers to chat among themselves promotes them as a friendly ISP. This very last sentence you've posted is the kind of thing that makes you look like a hostile member of this forum - you come along, post negativity, critique others and then claim to be the victim when people respond in a way that you're unhappy with. On top of that you've been here for a minimal amount of time, have minimal posts and you're trying to influence the future of this forum by saying is should be closed down? Why on earth did you join then?

Be nice, post nice things and stop picking fault. There are another two members that I'd recommend this advice to that I've been watching while lurking. Both know who they are.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I thank the mods for at least trying to rein in the handful of usual suspects who seem to think that childish and petulant behaviour on a public forum is a) not in breach of forum rules, and b) of any interest whatsoever to anyone else.

I'd be even more thankful if there was a way to exclude certain boards from the list of Unread Posts - guess which board I'd exclude first? Knuppel

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Or perhaps another solution.......

Create a second forum just for the exclusive use of the PC brigade and provide a refrence to what you post type, then they can have a great time swapping real information that is PC correct whilst at the same time leaving the rest of us to continue on a forum that has been used by many over a number of years and despite a few problems has survived.

Looking at the number of posts some people have is a indication that they at least get some pleasure out of the forum and find it useful, until recent time when it has become hijacked by the few.

We are born into history and history is born into us.