cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Warning discussion

Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

A Warning discussion

Once again, it seems that the majority of people will suffer due to the stupidity of the few.

Can the mods please take some responsibility and pursue the offenders and deal with them more severely, rather than punish everyone.

I was banned for 30 days, way back, for standing up for myself, however, it seems that the mods do not actually ban anyone, when that would be much more effective. shutting down the rabble,  than the current threat to all. at the top of this board.

80 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: A Warning discussion

I agree that there needs to be something done with the disruptive few rather than punishing everyone, as it's getting to a point where frankly I just don't care about staying here as a member, as I'm no longer a Plusnet customer I have no real need to be here, the main reason I stayed put after switching to Vodafone for my services was for the social interaction, which in recent months has pretty much dried up due to people avoiding being jumped upon by "the few" incase they happen to say the wrong word.

It's sad when a well-established forum breaks down due to people coming along just to upset the balance...

198kHz
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

When the recent suspension occurred, I was broadly in agreement with it, but I am now persuaded otherwise.

The pub analogy has been used before, and I believe it's a good one.

If there is disorder in the bar, the landlord ejects the troublemaker(s) rather than close the premises.

Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
Sneekyhen

@shutter@twocvbloke  totally agree the elephant should be punished  ! i hope it has

Sneekyhen

@198kHz  what happens if the wrong ones get ejected ?  

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@198kHz wrote:

If there is disorder in the bar, the landlord ejects the troublemaker(s) rather than close the premises.

Another analogy would be trying to cure the disease by killing the patient, it just doesn't work that way...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

I've read a thread on here today, which turned nasty between a few people.

I'm disappointed by the mods (and PlusNet because I doubt they would not be involved in it) that they took the easy scattergun approach of just pushing a button on the admin panel disabling the board for 2 days, just to punish everyone (which I don't feel it is fair) rather than targeting the posters and posts which are of concern on a case by case basis.

All it did was to move Chit Chat to another board which I suspected, and the thread I read today proves it was a pointless exercise. Looks like nothing has changed.

Which is what I suspected really.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

When faced with squabbling children, I always used to make both (or all involved) sit on the naughty step. The Mods should do the same. If the children continue to squabble just ground them for a month. At present the forum has lost its purpose and contributors are staying away.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 211

@Alex

We did not close General Chat for two days this time. The thread was locked on request by a member of staff and further moderator/staff discussions concluded that the thread in question should be removed.

As for if and what action may be/has been taken against any individual member has been mentioned here before in that we will not disclose such details.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DaveyH
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

@Sneekyhen wrote:

@shutter@twocvbloke  totally agree the elephant should be punished  ! i hope it has

About as blatant a Sockpuppet as ever there's been...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

@Mav

I'm referring to when the Chit Chat board was entirely suspended recently, and no-one could post on there for 2 days.

I think I know the thread you're referring to, and agree it should have been removed or moved to a mod board as you normally to.

Fair enough I am not asking to know the ins and out of what you do and the action you take. Sometimes it is nice to know, but I appreciate you have to limit on what you can say and do.

EDIT:

Ok I've just read your warning notice. I hope that doesn't happen, the posters causing the trouble should be dealt with on a case by case basis. It just seems like a minority are just spoiling it for the rest. The troublesome people should be banned, leaving General Chat back to the pleasant place it once was IMO.

happihijabi
Grafter

@Sneekyhen

Hi Ron. Not using @rongtw as your id anymore?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@Mav wrote:

@Alex

We did not close General Chat for two days this time.

But you did threaten to close it permanently correct? 

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 45

What previous aliases have you used in this forum @happihijabi?
I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
ffox
Rising Star

What is to stop banned troublemakers returning under an alias?  It's easily done under the new rules.