cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Royal Baby

Community Veteran

A Royal Baby

The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to St Mary's Hospital in London.
Will it be a boy or a girl?
Royal Baby
30 REPLIES
gswindale
Grafter

Re: A Royal Baby

Does it matter?
Unless we get an extra public holiday to celebrate the arrival of another member of the royal family, I'm not particularly bothered and quite glass that we are not getting the media circus we had last time round with whatever his name is!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@geofftswin quiet glass for me too any excuse for a party Cheesy
The ladies in my life are all getting soppy about the new arrival and I go with the flow
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Infinity
Pro

Having watched the LIVE breaking News Flash at 6:30am, I was filled with excitement !!
Until I saw Kay Burley on SKY News, & Nicholas Witchell on BBC News !!
That's the TV News off for today, plenty of PVR catchups to do........
Just back after our two month break overnight.
Jet Lag ...
Election, Royal Baby... at least the Hayfever Season is over for myself...
Now for a trip out to charge up the Hybrid Battery.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Excitement ?  Huh....
I fail to see how anyone, other than the prospective parents, can be "filled with excitement", about someone having a baby.... even if it is royalty associated.. The only "excitement" .....is that caused by the press, and particularly BBC news, and other forren t.v. stations... hyping it out of all proportion....
Do you get "filled with excitement" when other folk have babies, too?  like the poor people in so-called "third world countries"... who have to have their children born into a disease ridden mud/wood/breeze block/corrugated iron/cardboard/tarpaulin covered shed that they call home?  I don`t see the world press, or BBC making such a fuss about them.....
Infinity
Pro

RSS feed....
It's a Girl.
Born around 8:30am
Community Veteran

It's a girl and 4th in line to the throne.
Community Veteran

Do'es one have sleepless nights of give the sprog to thr lady in waiting lol
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 123

@ shutter +1
It's wonderful when friends, family and even members of this forum share their news of births but the hype that surrounds the royal births is truly overdone. DM headline from earlier "The world waits...". Not here Wink
Having said that, as with any baby, congrats to the parents.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The Town Crier announces the birth in front of a large crowd.
Town Crier
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: geofftswin
Does it matter?
U we get an extra public holiday to celebrate the arrival of another member of the royal family,

Not happy with the above suggest, lost pay on the last 2 extra public holidays the Wedding and diamond jubilee.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Clearly you don't work for the government otherwise you would have been paid for those days.
Steve
Pro

Quote from: shutter
Excitement ?  Huh....
Do you get "filled with excitement" when other folk have babies, too?   like the poor people in so-called "third world countries"... who have to have their children born into a disease ridden mud/wood/breeze block/corrugated iron/cardboard/tarpaulin covered shed that they call home?   I don`t see the world press, or BBC making such a fuss about them.....
+1 the only people excited are the ' outsiders ' like Australia etc.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

@shutter @Mav @M Steve.. (Need i even say it on this forum? lol) +3
As far as i'm concerned it's just another burden on the tax payer. At a time when we're all being told to be responsible, take cuts in services, cuts in hospitals, cuts in wages etc, how is it that the royals feel they should take an increase in their support from the taxpayer to fund their more_important_than_everyone_elses family?
Yes.. I'm thrilled for anyone having a baby but lets face it, the royals are never going to have to struggle like everyone else so i fail to see why is it such a special event?
A few days ago the daily mail was reporting that the queen had been knocked off the 300 richest list so I wonder why we treat these people as being so special when they're quite happy for so many of us to be poor?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

how is it that the royals feel they should take an increase in their support from the taxpayer to fund their more_important_than_everyone_elses family?

How is this a burden on the taxpayer? The new princess won't receive an allowance from the State. I don't suppose the parents will even claim family allowance which I assume you are for your new arrival Wink