Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A New type of Malware

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

A New type of Malware

Voicemail Message (07813297716) From:07813297716 pretending to come from Voicemail <admin@your own email domain> with  a zip attachment is another one from the current bot runs which try to download various Trojans and password stealers especially banking credential stealers, which may include cridex, dridex, dyreza and various  Zbots, cryptolocker, ransomware and loads of other malware on your computer

Needless to say, unopened.
Number typed manually into Google, many warnings shown.
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: A New type of Malware

I had a dozen or so of these this morning - deleted them all but I can only assume there must be many people who do click on the attachments out of ignorance or curiosity making it worthwhile for the scammers/spammers Angry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

My OH had one of these this morning but I deleted it on the server. I wonder how many get caught out with them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've had voicemail spam/malware in the past, but as I haven't got anything that sends me voicemail recordings by email, they just get deleted... Smiley
The only notifications of voicemail I get are from skype, and 99% of the time the numbers are junk so I don't even bother to look or listen...  Grin
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ah, voicemail in an email.
I was wondering how you got a virus from a voicemail as I was thinking phones.
If I get any email from an unknown source with an attachment then it gets binned.
Let's be careful out there !