cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A New Bank

Community Veteran

A New Bank

A new bank appears on our High Street today.  Llloyds TSB has split into two and the new TSB logo will be seen again.  The bank will currently be operated by a seperate team but under Lloyds control until next year when TSB will be floated on the market.
TSB Appears
More competition can't be bad Wink
10 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: A New Bank

Quote from: artmo
A new bank appears on our High Street today.  Llloyds TSB has split into two and the new TSB logo will be seen again.  The bank will currently be operated by a seperate team but under Lloyds control until next year when TSB will be floated on the market.
More competition can't be bad Wink

Oh look, another bank paying a competitive 0.34% interest rate on savings - before tax.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

New??  I had a TSB savings account when I was a lad, and that was 55 years ago! Trustee savings Bank.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
Llloyds TSB has split into two and the new TSB logo will be seen again.

Blimey I can't even remember what it used to look like it was so long ago since they merged. I vaguely remember it having 3 circles? Thats quite something though isn't it as when most companies merge / are taken over their logos are never seen again.
Oh one other thing.. how can it be new if it's being seen again?  Cheesy
Any idea why this has happened?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Quote from: nozzer
New??  I had a TSB savings account when I was a lad, and that was 55 years ago! Trustee savings Bank.

Me too Smiley.....well, early 20s.
All associated sites were down but appear to be making a come-back..
Quote from: Sprite

The new bank will be sold off next year, as part of a process ordered by the European Commission, to provide greater competition.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Can't really remember the logo but I remember the adverts:
"TSB, the bank that likes to say 'YES'."
I also recall the phrase 'T yes B' used in their advertising (as well as some people referring to it as 'Toytown Savings Bank').
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Thunderclap
Grafter

Quote from: w23
"TSB, the bank that likes to say 'YES'."

Wasn't it banks saying YES that got us all into this mess in the first place?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite

As posted by Strat the break up has been ordered by the EU.  It will purely be a retail bank and will not be getting involved in some of the more speculative banking activities.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I used to be with Toytown Savings Bank..... had some appalling service from all levels.... counter staff to senior management....
even wrote a letter to the, then, CEO of Toytown Savings Bank... he did not reply...  Roll eyes
Fixes: 47

Never really had any problems with TSB in either guise.
I try to keep it simple for them and I do all my transacting online.
I've never phoned their help centre preferring to call in branch.
All in all I have no reason to transfer unlike some I know personally who have lost confidence in the bank because of the split. They only knew it as LloydsTSB.
I have the advantage of being with them when they were Trustee Savings Bank.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I remember my parents using TSB when they were separate - but I think their account is staying with Lloyds now (some people are being moved).
I found an old newspaper (from 1995 I think) with a TSB advert in it the other day. It even had a cut out coupon at the bottom where you can fill your address details in, and post it to them for more information.
I remember the days when adverts had that Grin