A Must Watch

A thought provoking video
Pay Attention
If it saves one live it's good.
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: A Must Watch

It always surprises me when I still see people using hand held phones while driving IN TOWN. No where is more dangerous, more risk of an accident than in town, yet here they are on the phone and a ciggy in the other hand ... steering wheel left to fend for itself.
Fixes: 125

I have seen it before - even thought it was in this forum.
A very poignant video - but will it get the message across Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Not with the "it won't happen to me" belief so prevalent. 
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I've noticed recently there has been an increase in the number of drivers using phones at the wheel.  I suppose they know they can get away with it with the lack of Police on our roads.

Only yesterday I was following a white van and if I was a police officer I would have pulled him over.
He was drifting over the white centre line and back to the kerb, clipping it on 2 occasions.
When we got to a roundabout I pulled alongside him to turn left and he was on a mobile.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Hairy
It always surprises me when I still see people using hand held phones while driving IN TOWN. No where is more dangerous, more risk of an accident than in town, yet here they are on the phone and a ciggy in the other hand ... steering wheel left to fend for itself.

Yup, same here and I'm disgusted by just how little some people care about others. If my phone rings while driving then it stays in my pocket and continues ringing. Even if its an alarm going off to tell me to take my medicine it still stays there until i can pull over and turn it off (the alarm doesn't stop - it just carries on which could be argued is even more distracting but i refuse to touch the phone while moving).
Just the other day i was out in the car and some bloke was pulling out of a driveway with a phone in his hand clearly concentrating more on his conversation rather than his driving as he hadn't even seen me and you could see in his face that he was miles away.
Quote from: Mav
A very poignant video - but will it get the message across Undecided

As strat says, I very much doubt it. These days there is too much "it'll never happen to me" attitude around. Too many people think they're invincible like film characters. The problem is what do we do to stop people using them? - Clearly the threat of a fine and points isn't working very well.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

I frequently use Drive Mode when driving which means the caller's name (if in the phone book) or number is read out to me so I can decide whether to stop at a convenient, safe place and return the call or ignore it till I reach my destination.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

@Mav, what phone has the drive mode?

Just found it on my Samsung S3 (hands free mode)

I have a Samsung S4 Mini with Android 4.2.2.
There seem to be Drive Mode apps in Google Play but they are not the same as I use.

Community Veteran

Found it in my 'Settings' on my Samsung Note. Thanks guys Smiley Smiley

Very handy - glad you found it Smiley

Community Veteran

Should have said it's under hands-free mode on my Samsung and called Incoming Call. Just dialled my mobile and the number I called from was read out with the option to accept or not.

On mine it accessed from the pull down menu on the home screen.