cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Good Cuppa

Community Veteran

Re: A Good Cuppa

And if we are having a biscuit with our cuppa, what's your favourite?
I like a nice digestive Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Home made 'oat biscuits, ..........numerous recipes online'  Roll eyes
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
I like a nice digestive Smiley

Jafa cakes for me Wink
With coffee Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

The Chinese are the experts at brewing tea, first essential is to warm the teapot then put the leaves in so the heat releases the aroma, then the boiling water, then into small china bowls.
They must be the experts as they have been doing it for centuries !
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I like a strong cup of Yorkshire tea , with a chocolate digestive , but at the moment am enjoying drinking Twinings  peppermint tea, very refreshing Smiley
Regards
Mike
Mike
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

brews are a strange thing purely down to personal taste, whilst I appreciate others have there ways mine is different, I hate the acrid taste from over brewed tea in a pot (possibly down to the type and quality of the tea used) but others love that extra dimension of taste, so whilst I have a proper large tea pot and a slightly smaller one for any guests my normal routine is
bag in large mug, slosh in  the still bubbling water give it a few seconds then stir before squeezing the bag against the side of the cup another stir and pour the milk into the swirl so it auto mixes, ive tried a variety of different tea bags but the only ones that produce the taste I'm after is pyramids which I drink without sugar, other types I will happily consume when out and about but only with sugar Smiley
otoh I prefer my coffee made with slightly cooled water preferably fresh ground and filtered sometimes with a splash of baileys (or shops own variant) or on rare occasions something else like amaretto, of course for normal daily consumption its freeze dried instant with either a dash of cold water or some milk both for convenience and price 
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Was at Springfield Hospital today. Ordered a pot of tea before I saw my consultant surgeon. Teapot contained about 1.5 cups and it was a nice cuppa. Cost £1.75. A good cup of tea is much better than coffee as far as I'm concerned Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Tea before bedtime should be Rooibos (Red Bush). It doesn't cause insomnia like black tea/coffee
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

No one has mentioned how many cups of tea they get through on average per day,
I get through 8 to 10 cups a day, must be addicted to the stuff !
Community Veteran

Now it's about 5 to 7 cups.
When I was working it was more like 20. I was always drinking tea. my business partner would always say he was 'tea'd out' if I was in the building. If I was away he would have a more reasonable 3 to 4 cups a day Smiley
Fixes: 215

I seem to remember my dad getting through maybe 10 or more cups a day. SWMBO drinks coffee in the mornings and tea in the afternoons/evenings.
She's just going to have another cup of coffee as, apparently, her afternoons start at 3  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

i often have 3 or 4 cups of coffee in the mornings and then switch to tea for the afternoon / evening and probably get through 10 a day although ive been on water in this heat
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

Are you all that posh drinking out of cups  Grin
I have around 8 - 10 averaged sized mugs per day
Fixes: 123

About the same as TORPC here.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran

We can't forget our love of a cuppa whist on holiday even:
A survey found that over half of holidaymakers can’t resist a proper 'brew’ and pack their own teabags - with women being more likely to pack them.