cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Damned Disgrace!

thisoldman
Grafter

A Damned Disgrace!

Last night ,after waiting till the chavs and sink estate inhabitants had  digested their  weekly diet of Eastenders, I tuned in, with some misgivings to BBC1,  "MY Family".
I need not have bothered. Quite what this ridiculous programme was supposed to be about, would require the services of a harley street psychiatrist.
Ben and his dysfunctional family are not unknown to me, but last night's episode breached new depths of  intellectual depravity.
Little wonder that ben's scatter brained wife was absent.Even she must have suspected that the scriptwriters were on some sort of psychedelic medication, and with unsual insight for her, decided to give this  stupid,ignorant show, a miss.
The plot was worthy of the efforts of a schizophrenic 10 year old and  given the dysfunctional brain disorders of the family, it was llitle wonder that the end product made  Broadmoor psychiatric hospital look like  an advanced oxbridge
It is clearly outrageous for the BBC to treat viewers to 30 minutes of little more than verbal diarrohea. They must think we all live in
alice in wonderland.
These pigeonhead scriptwriters should be ashamed of themselves,not so much for the insane and diabolic tripe they inflicted upon those of us who ,as yet, do not suffer from dementia, but for their outrageous attempts to reduce, the few remaining sane,educated and and non chattering class viewers, to  nervous prozac addicts.
Worse was to follow. Having reached for my off button,and having sent a 5000 word email to these parasites at BBC, I tuned in to  "Outnumbered", again on BBC1  ( will i never learn lol)
This programme  quickly had me reaching for my bedside puke bag. The plot clearly required an advanced degree in urban sociology, such was the banality of its surburban content..
If this is the best that  theBBC can offer on a dull Friday evening, is it any wonder that the Uk is fast becomming a nation of Riley families and intellectual dickheads, or as I would have said, depraved pigeonheads.
Even the sometimes imbicile outpourings of the misguided Plusnet posters would have been preferable reading, to this  display of total incomprehensible crap from BBC1.

34 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: A Damned Disgrace!

Well its got so bad, I rarely watch anything on BBC 1 in the evenings, not a sporty type at my age but enjoy Question of sport, and its not just BBC1 some nights I just watch what I have in my to watch recording bank,  sometimes like last night I had recorded three weeks ago for a night like that.
Why is it that some days there are four good programs on the same time?
or ITV1  last night  Ennerdale, Coronation street, Dick in son real deal, followed by another dose of Coronation street
thisoldman
Grafter

spot on pierre  a very good q
how any sane person can watch dickenson beats me  surely they are not plusnet subscribers Cheesy
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: thisoldman

Even the sometimes imbicile outpourings of the misguided Plusnet posters would have been preferable reading, to this  display of total incomprehensible [Censored] from BBC1.

Pot calling the kettle black.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm actually contemplating on stopping paying the TV license and just give the TV up all the gether, Except for playing my xbox360 on It, All summer the TV has been utter shite and I only watch In the evenings.
magnetism2772
Grafter

I'm actually contemplating on stopping paying the TV license and just give the TV up all the gether,

I begrudge paying for a TV license  as well
tv  is not 24/7entertainment , gone is cricket,  Saturday football matches,  programs of  learning and those shows of specific interests
then either the repeating evening news is shot around the back of the houses of parliament or their mobile vans  are parked up
outside  a uk police station  reporting
with all the depressing political news . governmental  policy leaks ,  crime stories  , its become an estate belonging to government and
its forces, which we pay for
the ITV today is  just the same
mainly rubbish , now just a media  over run  with and sponsored  by  estate agents , building societies , the national trust  and  the food industry
on a good note the weather forecasts are accurate  enough for me
after all the daily economic and political spin,  what the public are offered  for their license  are year upon year  game shows
Other than tv programs on antiques(sponsored by we buy gold or whatever  company )and the occasionally documentary
the BBC , ITV  Freeview  etc is still about , only for the money it generates from showing adverts,  Its always displaying goods ,  ie in its  food programs,
take the property show 'a move to the country '
after saying that , then its a  depressing  medium or  a cultural(liberal) controlled medium 
nadger
Rising Star

Have to say that we now find TV excellent value for our money  Roll eyes
One thing that we won't watch is soaps or Big Brother, X Factor etc  but there've been some decent historical programmes of late
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Steve
I'm actually contemplating on stopping paying the TV license...

I did that in Dec '08, and haven't missed it at all. Downloading the occasional worthwhile prog from i-player suffices, and I'd quite happily do without that if it wasn't there.
Not young enough to know everything
magnetism2772
Grafter

do we need a tv license for a pc, iplayer  and monitor as its a now a program  receiver?
if we dont
my tv license will not be renewed
until the bbc start programming variety  show entertainment again
magnetism2772
Grafter

found this ... its  useful
Computers and laptops
Many TV channels are now available to watch over the Internet. If you’re watching programme's on a computer or laptop as they are broadcast, then you need a TV Licence. However, you don’t need to be covered by a licence if you’re only using ‘on-demand’ services to watch programme's after they have gone out on TV. So, you need a licence to watch any channel live online, but you wouldn’t need one to use BBC iPlayer to catch up on an episode of a programme me you missed, for example.
itsme
Grafter

If you watch a program on a PC when it's being broadcast then you need a license, if you download and watch after a broadcast you don't.
magnetism2772
Grafter

thanks  itsme

Community Veteran

I actually rather like Outnumbered. It's a humour that's at times quite subtle, as it'll concern things like the hypocrisy of the parents (e.g. they'll say one thing at the beginning of the episode then contradict that with their actions at some point in the end) or on other small jokes that arch throughout an episode or even series.
What I'm not impressed with, however, is the fact that the BBC think a repeat is sufficient for half of the Friday night primetime slot. Roll eyes (With the other half being, as thisoldman points out, a load of rubbish.) In fact the BBC and repeats really annoy me. I notice that tonight (again in primetime) they're starting a re-run of Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow. The catch? It only aired for its original run a year ago, and since then it's already had one primetime re-run, possibly even two. If I were living on my own I would probably therefore do what giro's talking about and simply not bother paying for a TV licence – why pay ~£145 to watch a load of repeats when they're available on iPlayer for free?
itsme
Grafter

But where does the BBC get it's money from to run iPlayer?
Community Veteran

They could probably fund it out of the overpaid celebs' and high-level executives' pay packets alone.