cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

91 year old brings tears to the Labour Party Conference.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

91 year old brings tears to the Labour Party Conference.

You must watch this...
Inspiring
Watch as a 91-year-old war veteran upstages Ed Miliband at Labour's conference with a speech that has the crowd in tears.
http://news.sky.com/story/1341399/mps-sob-at-keep-your-mitts-off-my-nhs-speech
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: 91 year old brings tears to the Labour Party Conference.

A very worthy standing ovation he received.
Good on you Harry.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A skilled and eloquent speaker who is truthful in his beliefs, however it does not reflect current reality. There are many other factors in place which make the current situation very different. That was then, but we are here now.
I'd believe Labour on the NHS if they announced that local primary care doctors would be salaried GPs employed directly by the NHS rather than the current scheme whereby private partnerships provide GP services and take a profit from their work. Sadly it was a Labour Government who agreed to the screwed up GP contract negotiations which now suck so much money from the system. These same private partnership doctors have been given control of the purse string on most of the local Primary Care by that idiot Andrew Lansley.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

to be fair he was just progressing the plans labour started when they privatised GP services, he's also just followed through on the processes started by labour with regard to all the PFI hospitals that have recently opened, trusting labour to do anything with there current non policies would be almost as stupid as trusting the Scottish executive to change the way things are run after an indi vote when they never bothered to do that before despite having the ability to do most things (changing taxation aside)
don't get me wrong unless one party clearly stands up and says they are going to un-privatise all healthcare services nationalise the rail and power companies and pay for it all via increased borrowing I wouldn't believe a word of it because it couldn't possibly be true, and that's about the measure of labour right now, its all balderdash with some wisps of smoke at the edges and some nice sound bites and zero substance, I don't expect a lot but something with a ring of truth would be nice not pie in the sky promises about fixing the cost of living crisis and then announcing your only change will be rampant taxation raising the age of retirement capping welfare spending to a greater degree and removing the worker subsidy for the lowest paid ......sounds like something the politburo would of been pursuing back in the late 1940's .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you