cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9-11 An Interesting Article

Community Veteran

9-11 An Interesting Article

I got this from a friend in the US yesterday.  I thought it might be interesting to post here.

9-11  FLIGHT PATHS
This is awesome to watch - truly amazing.
I often wonder why air traffic control did not
scramble some fighter jets when they saw all
of these planes veering off their flight plan at
the same time; 9-11 FLIGHT PATHS.
I have never seen this before. Note that the two
jets that hit the World  Trade Center actually
crossed in route.
Click on the arrows in the right column to the
left of  each flight...The one that shows them
all in action is most interesting. It reveals how
well the plan had been developed, barring
departure delays.
I wonder if the original plan was to have them
all strike their targets at the same time?
And they did it all with U.S. . aircraft, US flight
schools, and a few box cutters.
Click  below
http://www.kerman94.com/911-Flights.HTM
32 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: 9-11 An Interesting Article

I've not read widely on this - but have they published the transcripts of air traffic controllers  - with timings ?.
Did the crews report any thing - , did they try to confuse ATC by declaring some sort of emergency ?.
Community Veteran

The ATC recordings were played later showing them as they tried to contact the planes.
The crews gave no warnings as they were under the control of terrorists.
A number of passengers realising what was happening made calls on their cell phones to their families.
Ottmar
Grafter

Civil ATC don't have any authority to direct military jet fighters.
Fixes: 47

Would the ATC guys believe what they were seeing Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I have no knowledge of US ATC - but the British ATC have military and civilian controllers sat next to each other at many control centres and obviously have very close coordination so that they can separate civil and military traffic - military pilots normally talk to the military controllers on their own frequencies and civil pilots to the civil controllers on the normal civil VHF frequencies.
But whether they would respond to a civil airliner going off it's cleared route - by getting the duty military fighters off the ground I can't say.  Wink
scootie
Grafter

what would of it done any ways shot down an kill all those on the plane ( i cant see that order being given to easy) or just get three jets an t pack the airliner to crawl  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Certainly the instructions now are to shoot down any plane that does not follow orders given to it.  Fighters will initially shadow the offender and try to assess the situation and force it to change course if necessary.  The problem with shooting down a plane is the added concern of death and damage caused on the ground.  Of course in this case many lives were lost anyway.
I wonder what could have been done once these planes were airborne.  Possibly nothing.
Community Veteran

A problem of course in London - especially when aircraft approach from the east, which is probably more than 50% of the time because prevailing winds in the UK are westerly.
Aircraft could be kept on a normal approach until over the east end - and then divert into any part of central London - within a matter of minutes and not time for any fighter to get anywhere near - and if shot down would land in the city anyway.
The nearest fighters are about 100 miles away
http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/typhooneurofighter.cfm
scootie
Grafter

i wonder if since 911 was there an increase in plane crash's which just get recorded as accidents ect but in actual fact the increase is planes being shot down Undecided  pierre can u find me a tin hat smiley plz  Grin
Community Veteran

Mal, I would think shooting down of a plane over London would never happen because of the disaster it would cause on the ground.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

pierre can u find me a tin hat smiley plz   Smiley

Sorry been out in garden   
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are these any better
Community Veteran

Quote from: mal0z
A problem of course in London - especially when aircraft approach from the east, which is probably more than 50% of the time because prevailing winds in the UK are westerly.

One of the main stacking points in the east is the Ongar Beacon which is near to where I live.  We often see planes being stacked before leaving the stack at the bottom and heading for a runway.
Community Veteran

From memory - the VOR is on the edge of Stapleford airfield ?? and called Lamborne ?Huh
http://www.multimap.com/s/DCjvHS7X
well used to going around the racetrack there !