Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7up/Sprite

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

7up/Sprite

Calling 7up or formerly known as sprite.
Every time I refresh my browser your profile picture changes why is this?
Also why is your name '7up (formerly known as Sprite) ?
Just something on my mind that I want clearing
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
12 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: 7up/Sprite

We have Private Message systems for this kind of thing Cheesy
Steve
Seasoned Pro

He changed his user-name because of this thread. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119025.0.html

Personally I used to love the drink. Now I detest it. I've gone back to drinking 7up by Britvic drinks instead and shall be changing my forum name shortly to match my support.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I think Steve_M (not to be confused with another member of a similar name) has said it all really apart from the avatar... but here goes:
Quote from: NorthEasterner
Calling 7up or formerly known as sprite.
Every time I refresh my browser your profile picture changes why is this?

Because it's selected at random! I got bored with seeing the same thing every time and being a big fan of the railways / British Rail, I decided to show you something different each time you see my avatar. I used to have a similar signature which would link to random railway sites too but I've removed that temporarily. The avatar remains though to try and give people something different to look at and possibly inspire people a bit.
Unfortunately it's hosted on a free host which isn't always reliable and causes loading delays sometimes. This has caused some users to block it but I'm glad to see that you're not one of them and have noticed the effort I put into a random avatar! It's powered by a php script and in my profile instead of linking directly to an image I link to <sitedomain>/ph/av/ - by default the webserver will hit index.php and output an image. The forum itself won't allow you to link to a .php file (only images or a directory) so it took a bit of head scratching but it works!
Also why is your name '7up (formerly known as Sprite) ?

As Steve has pointed out, I changed my name because I got fed up with coca-colas Sprite which used to be my favourite fizzy drink. It used to taste of lemon and lime (as described on the tin) but they recently changed the sweetener (so they claim) and mysteriously the flavour has worsened. I've now gone back to 7up instead and so I've changed my screen name to reflect this. I've also shorted it to 'formerly sprite' instead of 'formerly known as sprite'. In another week or two I will take away the formerly bit.
The plusnet forum allows you to use any display name so I could change it to anything if I wanted without telling anyone (just like everyone else could). I simply thought it would be courteous to let people know I've changed my screen name.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

ahh I see.
Thanks for clearing that up!
Can a mod lock the thread since its been solved?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

[edit] - deleted.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: 7up
I think Steve_M (not to be confused with another member of a similar name)
Think I might have to change mine now!
Community Veteran

ahh I see.
Thanks for clearing that up!

What bit? There are two! - why did it need 'clearing up' as you put it anyway lol?
Quote from: M_Steve
Quote from: 7up
I think Steve_M (not to be confused with another member of a similar name)
Think I might have to change mine now!

Lol Clever M_Steve hehe
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I was confused on both of the things that were changed.  I thought the random pics were due to my pc
Community Veteran

No lol, do not adjust your set!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I haven't thats why I posted on here  Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

So what is the story regarding 'okrzynska' later known as 'Sprite' ?  Huh
Community Veteran

There is no story.