rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: 6G anyone?

looks interesting ,, but how much will it cost ? can see no pricing
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

From this page  (dated NOVEMBER 13 2013 )

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/11/marketing-fun-6g-broadband-network-goes-live-blackburn-...

read it all...or scroll down to read this quote...

Funnily enough, and somewhat despite the bold headline speed claims of 300Mbps, the actual packages on offer are rather less impressive (note: these are for now only shown on their blog page).
The most expensive Option 2 package offers 20Mbps broadband speeds for £43.48 per month with free evening/weekend calls on a 24 month contract (plus £49 installation).
It’s also suggested that the price could rise after the first 18-24 months when various line rental and calling discounts come to an end.
Yes, line rental, on a wireless link.

and .......

UPDATE 9th December 2013
It’s been noted by several of our readers that 6G Internet appears to share the same address as Time Computers (Time Group UK and Time Group AE) and now Supanet, which is an ISP that we no longer list due to a history of questionable business practices / service quality and the fact that they don’t meet our basic listing criteria.
As well as coming under the same group the FWA system being used appears to make use of Ubiquiti Networks point-to-point and point-to-multi-point gear on 2.4GHz and 5GHz, which is a similar setup to Metronet UK’s hybrid fibre optic and wireless broadband network.
Caution is advisable.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

back in 2002 when I lived in Bergan (hohne) we had wireless internet which in low usage periods was up to 54mbps up/down but would crash to 10 up/down (used 2 wifi dongles) when everyone was online, it was a fantastic and cheap (€10/mth unlimited) option if you didn't want to be tied to the then phone line option, the best of which was a bundled 8 line dsl system offering the same 54mbps speed (but with 8x line rental and 8 x internet fee it cost about €200/mth unlimited) we stuck to mobiles and used the wireless system, the biggest problem thouh was if someone signed in with a 802.11b device it changed the multipoint repeater over from 802.11g broadcast to the much lower 11mbps max b speed and would then crash the entire wireless network down to sub 1mbps link speeds as it shared that 11mbps across the 20+ people .......

offering a wifi based multi point system in this fashion will be exactly the same with this bunch of cowboys unless they provide a proprietary dongle as part of their product offering, which there not doing ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hmmm... think I'll pass then. Saw their forum and they had mixed reviews ( much like PN), the high speeds intrigued me. Thanks. Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

GRR not happy , just put in my post code & number to see if was available and how much, out of curiosity and ,,,,,,,,,,, i just had a cold call to see when i wanted to take their ADSL and phone ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  i didnt want anything i was just comparing prices  cheeky beggars 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
TORPC
Grafter

Did you tell them to tick / untick the (DO NOT CALL) box accordingly
As failure to do so after you have mentioned it to the, means you got them by the proverbials
Furthermore did they provide an option to tick / untick (DO NOT CALL / CONTACT)  accordingly
Or any disclaimer that they will use your data ??
[quote= https://www.6ginternet.com/residential-terms-of-use (Link opens as a .PDF in your browser]
Privacy Policy
We will hold all information that you submit to us about you in a computer database. The ways we use your data are detailed in the Privacy Policy. For the purposes of providing you with telephone support you agree to your personal data being accessed from outside the EEC.
[quote=https://www.6ginternet.com/6G-privacy-policy (Link Opens as a .PDF in your browser) ]1. Collection of your personal information
1.1 6G Internet Limited requires you to provide accurate personal information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number (“Personal Data”) when you register to use 6G Internet Limited's services or make changes to the services you receive. Failure to provide information may result in your application for services being rejected. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you consent to us using it in accordance with this Privacy Policy.
2. How does 6G Internet Limited use your Personal Data?
2.1 6G Internet Limited will use your Personal Data for the purpose of providing services to you which include but are not limited to processing your application, administering your account(s) and undertaking credit checks. 6G Internet Limited also reserves the right to forward your Personal Data to law enforcement and similar authorities if required to so by law and as permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998.
2.2 6G Internet Limited may also use your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes in the manner detailed in Section 3 below.
2.3 6G Internet Limited may also use your data for risk assessment, transaction analysis and customer profiling.
2.4 6G Internet Limited will not alter your Personal Data without your permission except for the purpose of correcting or updating it or to the extent required by a properly qualified officer for the maintenance of system security or data integrity.
3. With whom do we share your Personal Data?
3.1 6G Internet Limited will share your Personal Data with its agents, subsidiary and associated companies, sub-contractors and business partners who are all involved in 6G Internet Limited's provision of services to you. Unless you give your permission for direct marketing, these recipients will only use your data for the purposes detailed in Section 2.1 above.
3.2 6G Internet Limited may also disclose your Personal Data to:
3.2.1 its agents and sub-contractors;
3.2.2 its subsidiary and associated companies and business partners; and
3.2.3 other selected third parties.
for the purpose of direct marketing. Direct marketing means the sending of details of products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
Community Veteran

"The result is faster, more secure and direct."  i'd challenge them on that sentence alone.  anything travelling through the air can be picked off more easily than from wired connections.