cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50 a barrel, Shrek was lucky

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

$50 a barrel, Shrek was lucky

With the oil price dipping below $50/barrel our dear friend Shrek would have had some difficult explaining to do about how his government's finances would have worked out. Fortunately the majority didn't believe him and the financial burden is spread over the UK budget.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: $50 a barrel, Shrek was lucky

He's still about though and it's most concerning that a large minority apparently support his sniping against the system. If he does get elected to Westminster they should construct a playpen for him while the grownups get on with running the country.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: PeterLoftus
they should construct a playpen for him while the grownups get on with running the country.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Correction...... " While the older children make a mess of the country, hoping their elders and betters will not notice"....  Sad
Community Veteran

Not to worry, I see some politicians will provide extra funding for the Shrek fans by taxing mansions in the South if valued at £200,000 £2,000,000 and above.
Community Veteran

The best reason so far for not voting for that incompetent mob Wink The politics of envy Sad
Fixes: 47

Which incompetent mob would that be, there are quite a few to choose from.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The politics of envy is the clue  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: PeterLoftus
He's still about though and it's most concerning that a large minority apparently support his sniping against the system. If he does get elected to Westminster they should construct a playpen for him while the grownups get on with running the country.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
He is a political beast and better than that lot in London.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The saddest part is that thousands believe the sort of rubbish that is being spouted by politicians, despite years of both main parties being in power and the damage they have done along with failed policies thousands of people will still believe what they say and will vote for them.
Perhaps some people like being punished and lied too.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: AlaricAdair
With the oil price dipping below $50/barrel our dear friend Shrek would have had some difficult explaining to do about how his government's finances would have worked out. Fortunately the majority didn't believe him and the financial burden is spread over the UK budget.
The oil price, and the revenues derived from it, would “right now” still be Westminster’s problem. Scotland wouldn’t have been independent until spring 2016 at the earliest.
Community Veteran

An update from the BBC News:
The Scottish government has lowered its estimates for how much revenue will be generated from North Sea oil and gas.
When it last projected oil and gas revenues, in May last year, it estimated up to £7.8bn in tax could flow from the North Sea in 2016/17.
Its oil and gas bulletin has now predicted the figure will be, at best, £2.8bn and could be as low as £0.5bn.

A good job the Scots voters are canny when it comes down to brass tacks.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: M
He is a political beast and better than that lot in London.

But is he? - From what I see he's just the same as that lot in london - and he wants to rejoin them!
Gordon Brown was Scottish too remember. Alex Salmond is looking after #1 and by that I don't mean the Scottish people..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@7up you know what? I'm not even going there Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As i see it...... all elected M.P.`s and councillors are only in "it"  ( i.e. politics )... because they know they could not hold down a "proper" job and get the same perks and money... also... they don`t really need any qualifications...  ( whereas a comparably paid "proper job" would require qualications and experience )...  but just enough idiots to believe them and vote for them to get the perks and money...
There are many "off shoot" ways to earn a few bob on the side, once you are elected too.... and I`m only talking here... about the legal ways.... i.e. wrting a book about your experiences, and public speaking... ( i.e. getting paid AND a free meal, and drinks,  chucked in, for you and your missus)... cheap night out  ! ! ...  not forgetting the "preferential treatments" skin crawling sucker-uppers give out, in the hope of being allowed on the gravy train with them........