cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.. 4.. 3.. 3.. 1.. Thunderbirds are Go!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

5.. 4.. 3.. 3.. 1.. Thunderbirds are Go!

I caught the very first episode of the new series and then the subsequent first early morning saturday version but nothing since then as 7up jnr arrived...
What do you guys think of it? (don't any of you dare deny tuning in - we all know your generation were big fans lol).
I liked the impressive CGI and the amazing shots / imagery they were able to create but i did feel it was too fast moving on the very first episode.
Good to see em back  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: 5.. 4.. 3.. 3.. 1.. Thunderbirds are Go!

I've seen excerpts and I happily admit to recently watching one of the old episodes.
Maybe it's just me but the puppetry was part of the fun and entertainment.
The new fangled version just didn't cut it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Funny you say that, i ended up buying the dvd boxset of the old series from sainsburys lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hope they got away, O.K... despite the countdown being corrupted  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Fixes: 121

I was a big fan of the original series which was way ahead of its time.
Having recently watcd a few episodes of the new Captain Scarlet which was quite enjoyable I had hoped the new Thunderbirds would do the same. Sadly, for me, it failed miserably.
I agree with billnotben that the puppetry was a huge part of the charm. I felt the CGI didn't do it justice. Also the half hour slot doesn't really give time to build the tension or to get engrossed in the story. Why do most of the boys look about 14? Don't like the look of Thunderbird 5 at all or the way they communicate. Lady Penelope far too sexy for this show and Parker, the only original voice, sounds tired and bored. Great to hear the opening countdown but what have they done to the music Roll eyes
I've recently watched the original two series and the films (not the abysmal 2004 attempt) in 1080p HD and, although you could see the strings a little better, it had great appeal, suspension and action. The pyrotechnics on their own were fantastic.
Perhaps it will meet with approval from today's generation who are spoonfed CGI from an early age but for me it fails in too many ways.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still