cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Fixes: 121

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

BREAKING-NEWS-Thunderbirds-creator-Gerry-Anderson-dies-aged-83
The father of four - who also created the hit children's shows Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 - had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for almost three years and died peacefully in his sleep today.

Mr Anderson's inspiration for Thunderbirds came from a mining disaster in West Germany in October 1963 that gave him the idea of forming a show about a rescue organisation.
After much convincing, Mr Anderson agreed to let his wife Sylvia performed the voice of Lady Penelope, one of Thunderbirds' most famous characters.
Century 21 Productions was so sure of the series success they proposed a feature-film version before the pilot had even aired.

How I loved Thunderbirds. ahead of it's time.
Captain Scarlet was another on my favourites.
A sad loss.
I read a little while ago that he was not happy with the 2004 Thunderbirds live action movie. Not surprising as it was a load of codswallop Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

A very sad loss. He was inspirational. I loved the thunderbirds (still do now lol) and still have T1, T2 (and T4), T3, and the pink car somewhere lol. It was a great TV show though I'll admit I didn't like the recent film much but it was better than some remakes. I couldn't get on with Captain Scarlett or Stingray for some reason. I guess they just didn't do as much cool stuff as International Rescue.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

As a kid much of my telly time was spent watching his many entertaining creations like Supercar and Fireball XL5.
And later on UFO and Space 1999. What happened to our turbine cars and silver suits?
Innovators like him seem to be missing from our screens today.
thejudge
Grafter

Another key figure of my childhood gone. Sad
"Anderson?"
"Yes, m'lady?"
"Well done!"
Fixes: 47

Loved it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

The only show I ever enjoyed with space/science fiction background was Thunderbirds!  It was briliant!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Add my name to his list of fans ! Smiley
Fixes: 121

I remember, as a child, getting excited when I saw Thunderbirds film advertised as coming on TV until I discovered it was this one Cheesy
One bitterly disappointed 6/7 year old Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still