cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 ltrs of diesel..... ONLY19 Pence !...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

40 ltrs of diesel..... ONLY19 Pence !...

Just found an interesting calculator....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21238363
On the price of a litre of diesel, locally, £1.37 it would cost me (40 ltrs) £54.80 to fill my tank....
But... If I moved to Venezuela, and took my trusty skoda with me... I would "SAVE" £54.61
Now that means  it would only cost me 19pence to fill my tank !...
It also means that if I fill my tank in the UK... I am giving the government £32.00 in TAX on top of the Road tax, and Insurance Tax. already being collected....
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: 40 ltrs of diesel..... ONLY19 Pence !...

That's a shocker. Angry
Community Veteran

To be fair, Venezuela has their fuel subsidised by their government.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

But it would cost you more than your £54.61 saving to get there  Lips are sealed
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Yeah... but.. I wouldn`t come back !...  Cheesy
Community Veteran

In the US we're currently paying about 45p per litre Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

artmo bring me back a few hundred litres of unleaded mate.. i'll split the profits with you Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Go red!  Of course I'm seriously promoting criminal activity.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
itsme
Grafter

@shutter which country do you live in to pay Road Tax?
Community Veteran

Er?  U.K. 
( common name - Road Tax......  sometimes called... Road Fund Licence .... but the Government Euphemism - Vehicle Excise  )  Roll eyes
Thunderclap
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
But... If I moved to Venezuela, and took my trusty skoda with me... I would "SAVE" £54.61

Yep but no but... Venezuela is a country with large oil and gas reserves, and hydrocarbon revenues used on public health, infrastructure and fiestas. Sadly the UK has no oil, no gas, no coal, no wind, no rain, no waves, no tides and, no sunshine. Which is why we need to import our energy [and sunshine] from France, Russia, the UAE and, any other country that hates us. So thank lordy-lord for the UK government signing deals with energy corporations to tripple the consumer price of gas, electricity and fuel over the next decade, as to secure our energy supply - even if no-one can afford energy, energy will be secure. And also thank the boy genius Osborne for asking the Chinese to build the the most expensive nuclear reactor ever built, in the world, rather squander the money on energy innovation.
Cool Remember that diesel only works if it contains green tax additives
The Sun Newspaper's Energy Crisis Campaign
Join our crusade to cut hated green power levies After the latest shocking rise from British Gas it is time to take matters into our own hands. We say David Cameron needs to get to grips with an issue that is ruining lives, could derail economic recovery and is CERTAIN to see some poor folk die this winter because they can’t afford to heat their homes. We, the hard-pressed householders of Britain, call on the Prime Minister to act NOW to slash green subsidies and bring down energy bills.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article5207407.ece
Community Veteran

Road Tax

It started out as the road tax and as far as I'm concerned no name change will alter that.
The name change was only an effort by the government to shirk its responsibility.
More realistically it should be renamed the pothole tax.
cut hated green power levies

Interesting to see that is exactly what the SNP are proposing as their vote catcher.
Fixes: 47

Green levy.....short term pain for long term gain.
Trouble is we are not in a position to weather the short term pain.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Venezuela is a country with large oil and gas reserves, and hydrocarbon revenues used on public health, infrastructure and fiestas

Well, now... fancy the government of Venezuela spending on fiestas.... you`d think they would buy decent cars for themselves !  Cheesy Cheesy

Sadly the UK has no oil, no gas, no coal, no wind, no rain, no waves, no tides and, no sunshine.

and..... no idea, either  Undecided
Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
Road Tax

It started out as the road tax and as far as I'm concerned no name change will alter that.

Indeed. It's official name is Vehicle Excise Duty and the disc is the Vehicle Excise Licence however you strangely don't need any Vehicle Excise if it's not being used on a public road and thus it is in reality: Road Tax.
The fact they changed the name wasn't them trying to loose the responsibility, it was them trying to justify pinching it for other things they wanted money for (IMO).