Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Days

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

4 Days

did anyone watch ITV last night , Four Days that Shook Britain ?

Some Excellent TV form ITV for a change Thumbs Up

https://www.itv.com/hub/four-days-that-shook-britain/2a5347a0001

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
3 REPLIES
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: 4 Days

Thanks for the link, I'll try and catch it later.Thumbs Up

Little real defence against this sort of thing and disgusting and cowardly as these attacks are, playing devils advocate what would the situation have been had we kept our nose out of Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan and now, with the world and his wife, fighting a hotchpotch of Islamist militants in Syria. Not sure what if any 'boots on the ground' we have over there at the moment but those jets of ours are still bombing seven bells out of both militant and innocent alike.

For thirty years we were getting bombed and shot at over Northern Ireland yet the answer was always simple - troops out. Moreover, let's consider as we must how we would feel had the Irish laid claim to Cornwall, their troops were patrolling it's streets.......and Iraqi jets were strafing London. Contentious and setting the cat amongst the pigeons I know, but there you have it.    

Bottom line: Maybe it's best if we minded our own business - just for a change?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_Kingdom

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman

Whilst I agree with almost everything in that post am I not correct in thinking that British Troops went to Ireland to protect the catholics and initally were welcomed by the population.......until things went wrong ie: B......Sunday.

Would the UN not have been a better option ?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

It pretty much kicked off with the civil rights movement, remember Bernadette Devlin?

Rotten times all round, and let's hope there will be not return of either 'the troubles' or the troops.

As for the UN, if memory serves (as it rarely does these days) they were at that time more involved with Africa rather than any contentious issue in northern Ireland - which was 'our' concern and perhaps not theirs? 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.