Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd incident in Salisbury - possibly novichok again

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

3rd incident in Salisbury - possibly novichok again

Crawling out from under my rock to post this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6173939/Restaurant-Salisbury-sealed-man-woman-fall-ill.html

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
13 REPLIES 13
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: 3rd incident in Salisbury - possibly novichok again

We visit there fairly often as an alternative to Bournemouth which is 6 miles closer. Our impression was that the Skripal

event meant the city being much quieter for a summer, and Sturgess/Rowley won't have helped, nor the mixed messages from authority, that the city is clean; the is very low risk; we cannot be sure there is no Novichok out there still.

We were there last Monday, and walking through the meadow by the Avon, there were very few about, unusual it being lunchtime. Not until the children's play area (where Rowley found the bottle he gave Sturgess) was there much activity. We went to the chippy near the Square, where even late it can be full. The waitress  told us it had been lovely, but generally through the season trade had been unusually low. Guardian impression is not that varied from mine.

It's such a pity for a beautiful and interesting place, and then yesterday.Roll_eyes

Salisbury Journal on yesterday.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Hero

According to the ITV news this evening the latest incident is not thought to be Novichok-related.

Luzern
Hero

@Jonpe That was aid in both the OP link and mine, but they're still needing to find what actually it was to exclude criminality.

BTW I've just re-input- my link as it was Code 404: page not found.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
7up
Community Veteran

@Luzern wrote:

@Jonpe That was aid in both the OP link and mine

At the time of posting the link I posted said something completely different. The trusty DM has since edited it.

Crawling back under my rock..

Jonpe
Hero

Anyone who 'feels a bit funny' after having a meal at a restaurant in Salisbury is now going to fear the worst.

Luzern
Hero

@7up No matter, and welcome from your hard abode.

@Jonpe Are your suggesting the British people are natural panickers? Corporal Jones would have nightmares.

Jonpe
Hero

@Luzern  No worse than any other nationality I've come across, but it's just human I suppose; no-one has a headache, it's migraine or even a brain tumour, the common cold is far too often described as 'flu', and now violence is to become a medical diagnosis, which will keep doctors in work and absolve the perpetrator of responsibility for his/her actions.

Now be honest, if you felt unwell after dining out in Salisbury, would you be as complacent as you would be if the same happened in Bournemouth?  Would the recent poisonings not cross your mind at all, not even for a second?  And if you'd found a perfume bottle at the beginning of the year, would you have thought twice before opening it?  I bet you would now.

Luzern
Hero

@Jonpe No, eating in Salisbury would bother me no more than in any other place. Did not a renowned restaurateur's premises have such an incident a while ago?

A perfume bottle would hold no interest for me except maybe in  a shop. That's because my parents were keen for me not to pick up things in the street. We lived in a staff house at a TB sanatorium; patients nearing the end of their stay could go out for walks. Modern drugs were not available until mid 1940s, when I was a little under 10.

7up
Community Veteran

Here's the latest - two victims, both were indeed russian and one is adamant that Putin wants them both dead:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6182661/Putin-tried-kill-says-Russian-model-fell-ill-Salisb...

Luzern
Hero

After looking at the lady's pictures, I can't help wondering, if there's a publicity aspect to the happening. Could that rat poison have been smeared on her knocker without her knowing?UndecidedWink

christmas
Aspiring Pro

One of the 'victims' has previous...

Salisbury diner who 'fell ill' hoaxed Prince Charles

In 2006 Mr King carried out a "prank" on the Prince of Wales at a film premiere.

He inserted himself into an official line-up of stars being greeted by Prince Charles and was later interviewed by the media about his deception.

He claimed the "prank" was carried out as part of a £100,000 bet with his employer - the convicted fraudster Edward Davenport.

In 2004, Mr King pleaded guilty at London's Horseferry Road Magistrates' Court to three counts of distributing indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of children.

Luzern
Hero

What lovely people. They are sole mates, that's clear. What [-Censored-]!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Luzern
Hero

With the revelation of the pair's shocking history I would hope the police and other government agencies are intending deeply probing into both of them. She must have a history in Israel. Was it her voluntary preference to leave? Apart from what we understand of her activities here, is there anything more? I wonder how genuine her immigration documentation is; also if the story why she left RussIa is kosher or cooked.